Poll: Do you adjust the truss rod on Warmoth necks?

Out of the box, do you find that you need to adjust the truss rod?

• Never

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Usually

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Always

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

David

I find that I rarely need to adjust the truss rod on Warmoth necks, sometimes after I do I end up putting it back to the original setting anyway.  What are others' experiences?

Hmmm... on two necks, I had to adjust one but not the other. Now is that 'rarely' or 'usually' ?

I think it depends if you are a "glass half-full" or a "glass half-empty" person...

Being an engineer......The glass is the wrong size....  :icon_tongue:    :doh:

Didnt have to do anything to my neck.  Worked nicely with a set of 10's straight out of the box.

:rock-on:

If you start filling an empty glass and stop halfway, it's half full. If you start with a full glass and drink half of it, it's half empty. You'd also be an idiot for leaving a glass with half its contents still left.

Here in Antwerp, however, they solve the dilemma very elegantly by just saying the glass is 'half'. :eek:ccasion14:

ByteFrenzy said:
If you start filling an empty glass and stop halfway, it's half full. If you start with a full glass and drink half of it, it's half empty. You'd also be an idiot for leaving a glass with half its contents still left.

Ahhhh, but if you half fill a glass, and then drink half of that, does it become quarter full or three quarters empty ? ? ?    :icon_scratch:

Oh Sod it.....Just keep filling and drinking  :eek:ccasion14:
Sorry going way off topic    :rock-on:

ByteFrenzy,

I think you have just succinctly solved the glass half-full / half-empty quandary for everyone here.  Nice.

ByteFrenzy said:

Depends what's in the glass.

David said:
I think it depends if you are a "glass half-full" or a "glass half-empty" person...

My first question is, who drank out of that glass?

Around here, with the nearly constant 200% humidity, and except to exercize the truss rods once in a while just to keep them from freezing up, I rarely have to adjust anything on my guitars.

I had to make just a slight adjustment right after I put it on and let it settle for a few days....

"Being an engineer......The glass is the wrong size...."

Engineer? The glass is ALWAYS full unless in a vacuum.

I picked "rarely",  usually make a minor adjustment doing setup; never a readjust so far.

Had to adjust mine a little during the initial set up, but other than that it's been great!

jimh said:
Ahhhh, but if you half fill a glass, and then drink half of that, does it become quarter full or three quarters empty ? ? ?    :icon_scratch:

Three quarters empty, of course. It's the last action that counts.

With the understanding that you're talking about guitars (as opposed to basses) - I thought I'd add my $.02 with a "usually". Climate, travel, and type/frequency of use factor in, but I tweak mine about 4 times a year. Nothing drastic - but worth note.

I chose always because I have only built one and I had to make a fairly significant adjustment to it after it settled.  I wander if the number of people who have to adjust their neck fallows with the profile?  Mine is a wizard profile, so that seems in line with the neck needing more of an adjustment during setup. 

Back