Please make 25" conversion necks for 6 strings!

Schneidas

I love this scale on a hardtail Strat body!

25.5" is too tight, 24.75" ist too loose.
25" feels just awesome! Plus, I feel you get the tonal benefits (harmonic content) of the Strat-scale paired with a looser feel.
PaulReedSmith got it right!

Anyway, just a suggestion!
Cheers

Edit: Subject name updated

im not gonna say what you feel is imaginary but i see more difference in feel from different string height at the nut than a 1/4 inch of scale length. also they make half gages now to get the feel just right.

Tool up Warmoth, the public has spoken. I expect to see 25" conversion necks in the next newsletter.

AutoBat said:
You could always get yourself a 7 string.
And that would solve what?

rockskate4x said:
it'd be easier to play with string gauges, wouldn't it?

Not if you like the more mellow 'singing'-quality of a shorter scale. There is also a tonal difference!

Dan025 said:
im not gonna say what you feel is imaginary but i see more difference in feel from different string height at the nut than a 1/4 inch of scale length. also they make half gages now to get the feel just right.

Well.. yes, string gauges change the feel. But there's more to the 25" scale than that. It also smoothens the tone a bit.
Have you played a 25" scale or a 24.75" for that matter?
The 25" is my favorite scale on a hardtail Strat, both for feel and tone. Maybe i should have been more specific in my first post...

Schneidas said:
AutoBat said:
And that would solve what?

rockskate4x said:
it'd be easier to play with string gauges, wouldn't it?

Not if you like the more mellow 'singing'-quality of a shorter scale. There is also a tonal difference!

Dan025 said:

Well.. yes, string gauges change the feel. But there's more to the 25" scale than that. It also smoothens the tone a bit.
Have you played a 25" scale or a 24.75" for that matter?
The 25" is my favorite scale on a hardtail Strat, both for feel and tone. Maybe i should have been more specific in my first post...

i've played them all. i prefer 25.5. but there are cases where 24.75 is preferable. never saw/heard an advantage to 25 over 24.75. i'm willing to bet that most prs players wouldn't be able to tell the difference if givven two guitars with brazillian rosewood necks and identical constructions difference being 24.75" scale on one and 25" scale on the other. i know this is often requested, this isn't the first thread on the subject and wont be the last, just waitin for wylee to chime in about minmal difference or very few requests.... i dunno maybe they should. the curious part of this is there choice to make a 7string in 25" instead of 25.5 or 26" or 26.5" then it skips to a baritone. a 26-26.5 scale would compliment the 7string options better than having a baritone version, how many 7-string baritone players are there?

AutoBat said:

Sorry, I didn't get you before.
I just realised, that they make 25" conversion 7string necks.

That's cool, but I don't really play 7 strings...

Edit:I'll have to update the subject title

the curious part of this is there choice to make a 7string in 25" instead of 25.5 or 26" or 26.5"
If they were to make a 26.5" scale with a fatter neck option, they could sell hundreds of them over at sevenstring.org. Ibanez established an early dominance simply because they were pumping out product. So the "wizard" neck - all .75" of it - became the industry standard. There is a trick to playing well on thin necks, but as far as them being "faster" - nah. The reason Schecter has grown so fast (the second, Oriental time) is pretty simple - bigger necks.

And Warmoth says they don't sell enough sevens to be worth offering neck options, so they keep on making pencil-necked sevens, and they keep on not selling enough sevens to be worth the bother. Deductively, I always thought that the reason they build 25" necks is because they can use the same trussrod on a 24-fret neck as on their 25.5" 22 fretters.

Just thought you could order a 7 stringer, only install 6 machines and make your own nut.  Prolly'd only work if you prefer a wider neck though.  Logistically speaking it's probably not great for 95% of people.

Carry on.

AutoBat said:
Just thought you could order a 7 stringer, only install 6 machines and make your own nut.   Prolly'd only work if you prefer a wider neck though.  Logistically speaking it's probably not great for 95% of people.

Carry on.

It would be a like a warmoth superwide cuz of the 1 7/8th width at the nut.

Back