Picking the same neck and fingerboard wood...

Kyler (JamesL) said:
No, it's still a multiple piece neck with separate fingerboard.
Rosewood as well as maple and various other woods have been offered as one piece... :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I agree it's confusing when looking at the chart where neck and fretboard intersect and knowing how many pieces the neck is.  It's a neck construction thing and it just takes familiarizing yourself with each.  The Warmoth Pro neck construction is the only one I know of where the neck wood and fretboard still being the same wood equals 2 pieces.

GSVBagpuss said:
DangerousR6 said:
Kyler (JamesL) said:
No, it's still a multiple piece neck with separate fingerboard.
Rosewood as well as maple and various other woods have been offered as one piece... :icon_biggrin:

offered as standard option or specials?
The one piece necks are usually only offered as Strat or Tele style necks, and I think they are special order. From time to time there are some in the showcase section... :dontknow:

Cagey said:
You wouldn't want a wenge fretboard. It's too open-grained.
I've got a 1-Piece Wenge Strat neck (Wenge fingerboard), and I really like it. Sounds great and feels great. Wenge being an opened grained wood makes the back of the neck and the fretboard fast to play on with less surface drag on your fingers and palms.

Gregg said:
Cagey said:
I've got a 1-Piece Wenge Strat neck (Wenge fingerboard), and I really like it. Sounds great and feels great. Wenge being an opened grained wood makes the back of the neck and the fretboard fast to play on with less surface drag on your fingers and palms.
I agree, the 2 wenge necks I have are super slick...

Gregg said:
Cagey said:

I understand the back working out well that way, but I wouldn't have thought it would make a good fretboard. Live and learn, I guess.

Back