Photography Thread

These are great shots, Mike. Now lost to the vagaries of time and chance, I used to have a print of a photo I took back in 1986 when I was in the Army of a broke-down old truck with backlit by the setting sun coming through its windows. Evidently rusted out jalopies, too, are subjects you and I both like.
Here are a few more rusted out jalopies:
2 Flivvers in yard.jpg

FlivverTruckInGarage.MT.jpg

Last edited:
so, when your family calls u up and is like "hey, its time to come go through your uncles personal effects and see what he left you" dont make the assumption they talkin about guitar effects or you may be disappointed when you get there and your dead relative left you a box with like, baseball cards, corduroy bell bottom trousers, and other worthless 70s junk. i don't even know why i got my hopes up, its not like he played guitar

but he did have a near mint condition pentax k1000 with original 50mm asahi lens at his place so i did keep that and might play around with it a little. okay, yes, it was in a box with someone else's name on it but my stupid cousin isn't gonna figure out a film camera from nearly fifty (50) years ago, nor get around to using it before she pawns it to score some molly (molly is the street name of a particularly heinous narcotic, not a person, in this situation---i've known a number of Mollys in my time who were delightful and were humans not drugs). my uncle lived in the bevo mill neighborhood (emphasis on hood), tho, so his ghost would've been disappointed if someone hadn't stolen something from someone lol. but yeah I had to get out of there quick because your life expectancy drops like precipitation when u enter that part of town and u sure don't wanna be caught with anything shiny around your neck

so anyway, yeah, i'll find some film and see what's up

it's pretty dope that one hour photo joints can just email you a Dropbox folder with all the shots. what a time to be alive.

this camera needs a cleaning and i need to read the manual but hey RIP uncle Roger, these shots are for you (camera shots not licquer shots, but maybe the latter later). I had to go deep in the mark twain national forest for these. if you are ever nearby, it's worth taking a quick spirit journey in.

Last edited:
Excellent dung shot! My sister has a small hobby farm with about 20 various creatures. Let me know, and next visit I can get you some AMAZING shots.

Next time you are in my neck of the woods, we can head out and I will show you slugs that will blow your mind and perhaps frighten you due to their hugeness. Bananna slugs , Leopard slugs you name it we got em!

Be careful with those things, one of my wife's friend's ate some snails and she almost died. No slugs for me!

Taken on my Nikon D7000 (dx)... a rushed, opportunistic capture of SpaceX's Crew Dragon Demo-2, with astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken, catching up with the International Space Station during the 2020 return to spaceflight (first launch from US soil after the Shuttle retirement). I realized only about 30 minutes before-hand that I had a sighting opportunity and rushed up to a nearby lake to setup my rig and attempt a capture of this historic moment. Didn't have enough time to track and image with my telephoto lens so opted to capture the overall scene with my Tokina 11-16mm superwide lens.

DSC_6285-72dpi.jpgDSC_6285-crop-illustrated.jpg

Picture quality bad, but 3 American Goldfinches going to my fountain. Our state bird.
IMG_0076.jpg

Picture quality bad, but 3 American Goldfinches going to my fountain. Our state bird.
View attachment 62412
As I like to say on a fine piece of Birdseye maple, "Look at all dem birds!".... and that's the way I say it. I don't need a computer to correct my Kelsey Grammer. Quiet Ross.

The picture look like it's through a filter with that screen. Perfect moment with the wing flutter. I like birds so I must be getting old. :)

Back