Pay it forward

Syntheticocean

Remember that movie? Well, I did. I had a member, Bagman67 who sent me a half used jar of ebony timbermate because I was having trouble obtaining it other ways. So, I completed my build, and don't believe I'll be doing another one for at least a few years. I decided the best thing to do is pass on what supplies I have left to you guys. For free. The only catch, is that if you want it like NOW, I'd need some money for shipping. Otherwise I'm expecting to start shipping things out next Friday(payday).

What we have here, as pictured is:

1 - Almost half full jar of Timbermate(Rustic Ebony)
1 - Warmoth Water slide decal that came with my neck
1 - football input jackplate(slightly scratched and bent at 1 screw hole. Probably not an issue in most cases.
1 - Warmoth wiring kit as shown here http://www.warmoth.com/Wiring-Kit-1-ft-ea-of-Black-Red-White-Wire-3-ft-of-Coaxial-Wire-P136C81.aspx
2 - Color tone wood dyes. 1 black about 3/4 full, 1 blue about 1/3 full.
Several sheets of assorted sandpaper ranging from 120grit to 2000. All those I will only ship to 1 person because of the size.

1 - 5 way selector switch(Line6man)
2 - Sheets of copper tape(Tipperman)
1 - Stereo input jack(Tipperman)
1 - Plastic neck plate protector(Bagman67)

I don't ask for anything in return except you show the same gratitude that I am showing. If you can help a fellow forum member, do it. This isn't a contest and we gain nothing by being selfish. So..... Thanks guys!

Oh, btw. Bagman67 gets first dibs on anything he wants of course, provided it isn't EVERYTHING. :-D

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 403
We're all in pursuit of the same thing here, Synth-O:  a community of like-minded human beings who want to share what they can about guitars.  It's awesome that this is your response to something I never really expected any credit for beyond a "thank you."

Rock on.

Bagman

I agree. VERY awesome. I would be interested in the stereo jack, switch, and copper tape if that's cool. I probably have some things around, otherwise I can buy you like a 5 pack of D'Addario strings or somethin' in exchange. Got a new strat body coming in and the tape/switch would be really helpful, and I can put the jack to use in my tele. I do have some Minwax poly in a can if you're interested in that. Its been in my shed forever but I would imagine it's just fine.

Hey Scott, if it's cool, I'm interested in the 5 way switch.

I would also like to offer up what spare parts I have for anyone that needs them. (But at the cost of shipping.)

(2) Push-on chrome dome knobs.
(3) Set-screw miniature chrome dome knobs.
(2) Creme Strat "Volume" knobs.
(2) Creme Strat "Tone" knobs.
(1) Black Strat "Volume" knob.
(1) Black Strat "Tone" knob.
(1) Black football jack plate, and a chrome 1/4" TS open frame panel-mount jack.
(1) Chrome Strat output jack plate.
(1) Black Floyd Rose-style string retainer bar.

Alright. I updated the original post to reflect whats gone so far.

Sorry about the switch Line6man. Tipperman was just a tad faster than you! I didn't forget about the floyd though. I'll be sending that out on payday as well.

Syntheticocean said:
Alright. I updated the original post to reflect whats gone so far.

Sorry about the switch Line6man. Tipperman was just a tad faster than you! I didn't forget about the floyd though. I'll be sending that out on payday as well.

I should have read the replies more carefully. :doh:

Take your time on the Floyd. No rush.

Alright.  I added some sandpaper I have. Like I said, I don't see myself doing this again for a long time(because of money, not because I didn't enjoy it).

PS Tipperman, send me a PM with your address.

line6man said:

I would also like to offer up what spare parts I have for anyone that needs them. (But at the cost of shipping.)

I could use these parts for some guitars I have also have three humbuckers up for "pay it forward" one bridge and one neck Black bobbin. One creme/black neck pickup. the came out of some deans that I had once.

warcripp said:
line6man said:

I could use these parts for some guitars I have also have three humbuckers up for "pay it forward" one bridge and one neck Black bobbin. One creme/black neck pickup. the came out of some deans that I had once.

I'll get those out when I have a chance.
Send me your address.

Scott, did you ever get that Floyd out? I don't remember when you said you would be shipping it. :blob7:

Is anyone here interested in a set of Telecaster pickup routing templates?
I was given some extra routing templates, and I'm pretty much certain that I will never build a guitar with Tele pickups, so whoever wants them can have them for the price of shipping.
6028041224_40ff223ffd_z.jpg

What a great sentiment - let's keep it alive.

I'm a newbie here & have barely started my build, but recieved wrong knobs & jackplate.

When I'm underway with the build I'd be happy to forward the unwanted bits to someone who needs them.

- Blackouts

line6man said:
I was given some extra routing templates, and I'm pretty much certain that I will never build a guitar with Tele pickups, so whoever wants them can have them for the price of shipping.

Are these still available? If so, I'd be happy to take them.  Thanks

apat said:
line6man said:

Are these still available? If so, I'd be happy to take them.  Thanks

Sorry, Bagman claimed them. :blob7:

Btw, does anyone need a 42mm Floyd sustain block? (A standard one, not a brass bigblock or anything fancy.)

Back