Partscaster on the way (COMPLETED! w/Pics!)

Hello, 1st post. :)

I've been aiming to build a strat for decades, and never did. This week I decided to give it a go.
Bought a bunch of bit parts I've liked in the past, and a Fender Highway1 body on the cheap.
Should all be here Friday.   :headbang:

Pickups two Lace Holy Grails (Neck, Middle) and a Lace Sensor Burgundy at the Bridge.

NECK
OK, I couldn't decide to go the low road so I went as whole-hog as I could force myself.  Yesterday, I bought  a Warmoth Pro vintage tinted, finished RW neck 1" 11/16" nut with 22 #6150 frets. This not the S/N# I bought, but it is almost identical.

SN5917A.jpg

SN5917B.jpg

The body

HWY1 Wine Red Transp. Alder.

33aumhl.jpg

Yep. Got the body through Stratosphere. 

I know the Hwy1 has a funky finish, but don't care, as it's still US spec, sanded and sprayed with Nitro in Mexico.
This one is new, but has a ding in it somewhere, so it went cheaper than the others. All the better.

I got my Hwy 1 burst strat body from Statosphere and neck from Warmoth with 6150 frets (I like 'em).   Everything fit perfectly.   What kind of pickguard?  White with white pickup covers?  It's going to be a good looking Strat!

Here's the story.  I saw an ad somewhere, a guy took a Squire Bullet, modded it out with Mid -to- high priced stuff (Trem, pickups, tuners)
and wondered why he was disappointed with it.    :laughing11:  I bought it off him for pennies on the dollar, and I had $300 in decent parts to
work with, which were actually exactly what I wanted.

I've got the Orig. squire pickguard (beveled, 1 ply junk) BUT it aligns properly, and is already loaded with American pots (custom wiring (CRL/CTS), the Lace Holy Grail
(at Neck +Middle), and Lace burgundy (for Bridge) pickups.  So, who cares. I'll use it.

It's got a Wilkinson Vintage trem  2 7/32 mount -  2 1/16 saddle spacing (same dimensions as the "Upgrade" for the newer Highway1.

Thus far..  Busted out the Soldering iron last night, installed the Lace Burgundy, and resoldered to the Jackplate, Trem Ground.

Just awaiting the Neck from Warmoth!

zo9xk3.jpg

OK, I got the neck in Last night.    looks just flipping fabulous.  :headbang: I was minding both my small children,
so it had to wait until after bedtime stories.  :binkybaby:

checked the heel - literally dropped into the body with tiny bit of contact friction. can't even get a sheet of paper to
slip in there.  :hello2:

Finish is perfect. Nut is perfect. Frets are perfect.    I hand-reamed the headstock  and installed the tuner bushings,
and drew up a drilling template for the Vintage tuners. Rechecked the measurements with a mockup, got down to it.
All told, about an hour.

Preset the neck to flat bow, installed completed neck, rechecked the bow, strang it on up.  :headbang1:

Let it sit a while, rechecked the bow, and it settled into what appears to be just slightly off from perfect, according to
my prefered saddle height.

Tonight, I'll get a "factory setup" squared away, (pickup height, saddle radius , intonate, check for binding at the nut, )
install the string tree,  and post the final pics. Off to the races!

Back