Padouk Neck?

rgand

Epic Member

Attachments

• 1970FGTele01.jpg
    1970FGTele01.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 539
This is Padouk after 1 and 1/2 years where I had the tuners of.

La_Cab_Shred_012.jpg

La_Cab_Shred_008.jpg

This particular neck - Padouk with Ebony finger board - is a lot warmer sounding than expected after the usual "tone wood" norms which I frankly think are bogus. YMMV.

SustainerPlayer said:
This is Padouk after 1 and 1/2 years where I had the tuners of.

La_Cab_Shred_012.jpg
Thanks for the photos. They told me exactly what I wanted to know. That neck aged nicely. I like the brown tint it took on. For this particular guitar, I think maple or ebony might be a better choice. Now I have to plan yet another guitar to take advantage of the padouk. :icon_biggrin:

FWIW, I have a padouk neck with a canary fingerboard on one of my builds.  I actually asked (ney, begged) them to satin coat it, so that it would keep it's reddish color.  They ultimately agreed.  It currently is off at the luthier's getting a headstock modification, but has kept it's reddish color.

Sounds beautiful with a canary fretboard. Do you have any photos of it?

I built a G4 Bass with Paduak/ebony  ..wonderful combination . I used mahogany/koa for the body.
My son has it now , 4 years and no issues.

greywolf said:
I built a G4 Bass with Paduak/ebony  ..wonderful combination .
Besides looking great, what else might you like about that combo?

My padauk neck has aged to a lovely burgundy in the six or seven years since I bought it.

rgand said:
Sounds beautiful with a canary fretboard. Do you have any photos of it?

When I get it back from the headstock modification I will post up a pic or two. 

Back