Ordered Wolfgang Profile Neck

Nerdo

Hey guys,

Sorry if this topic exists, but the neck I recently ordered uses a Wolfgang profile, and I can't find too much about it online.
At first I was going Clapton, as I find standard a little too thin, but was thinking the Clapton "V" might be a little too harsh for me. Have any of you guys played a Wolfgang neck, and if so, what are your opinions on it?

Thanks!
Sean

I have no personal opinion as I have not tried a Wolfgang but these things are subjective. What suits another may not suit you etc.

By the way the thread should be in general discussion as it is about neck profiles and not neck wood.

Don't have one yet, but my next neck will definitely be an asymmetrical - either the Wolfgang or SRV.

I play with lots of bends and vibrato and such, and my hands go all over the place.  Having a little more meat on the base side to plant my thumb and a little less on the treble side to allow for greater scrambling around seems like something I'd really like.

I hope it ends up working for you!

I'm definitely planning on posting pictures and impressions once I get it built and set up!

I have a Wolfgang Profile on my 7/8 Strat 1 5/8" nut....It says similar to Peavey Wolfgang but IMO is is nothing like my Wolfgangs....It does feel good but the Bass side is much more pronounced....I would say more similar to the MM EVH but even more pronounced. I've also had the SRV and it was a little beefier than I expected.

My first Warmoth build (Tele) has a Wolfgang.  I like it a lot.  I find it more intuitive to get my thumb centered behind the neck vs a Standard Thin.  I also think, the additional mass of the neck improves sustain/tone and stability.

When I got it, the 1.650 nut wasn't an option.  If I were getting another one, I'd go with the slightly thinner 1.650 nut width to balance out the additional chunkiness of the neck.  For me, I've found there is a correlation between nut width and neck chunk for comfort.  For my size hands, i wouldn't go larger than a Wolfgang.  Have a couple of Standard Thins too and like them as well, but I get along with a Wolfgang very well. 

Back