Ordered A Couple More Pedals Kits..........................

JeffBlue

I ordered Mod Kits DIY Persuader (tube pedal) and a Pile Driver pedal kits. I have some ideas about the circuits of each. The Persuader is tube and transistor and the Pile Driver is strictly transistor. I want to add a tube inside the Pile Driver and I want to be able to switch the transistor in each pedal in or out of the tube signal path. I have these ideas running around in my head.

Sounds like a couple of cool projects! I've built several of the BYOC kits and done a lot of mod'ing on Boss pedals, never have tried one of the Mod Kits offerings though. I'd be interested to hear some clips of what you come up with!

I finished the Pile Driver pedal build and it sounds great. No room to fit a vacuum tube inside the housing so it is unmodified. I started building the Persuader pedal kit and it is pretty crowded inside this pedal, so probably no mods here either. I also ordered a Verb Deluxe to be built at a later date. I am still waiting for my Officially Licensed Circuits Eclipse Valve pedal to arrive.

This is what I love about this forum. Each day I learn something new.  :)

I had never heard about the Officially Licensed Circuits pedals before, so I looked them up and had a look around. While they looked great, there were no type of pedal that I was looking for. But there were still a lot of nice things to learn from on their website.

So, thanks for the tip! :icon_thumright:

I am constantly learning, glad you are too. Never built a pedal before so I had to try it. Great experience. Working on my next and I have two more. I have an amp kit that I am waiting on the proper board. My favorite guitars are the one's that I have built. Warmoth and my own designs.

JeffBlue said:
I am constantly learning, glad you are too. Never built a pedal before so I had to try it. Great experience. Working on my next and I have two more. I have an amp kit that I am waiting on the proper board. My favorite guitars are the one's that I have built. Warmoth and my own designs.

Yes, I read about the amp you are building. Looking forward to reading more about it.
It would also be fun to read about your pedal building experiences. And to hear what they sound like.

Back