Order On Hold?

The_USAgent

Hello All!

I placed an order 35 days ago, and after waiting, earlier this week my order went from pending to processing to on hold.
No one contacted me to explain what happened. No email or phone call.
I'm kinda irritated.
And I sent an email earlier today, I am waiting to hear back. Any ideas what could have happened?

I ordered a bunch of parts, a custom neck and a custom pickguard.
If the pickguard is messed up and that is holding up my order, then they can refund me and ship out my order without it,
I can get basically the same thing off amazon for cheaper.
If was the neck, when were they going to let me know it was messed up?
The only reason why I know my order was on hold is because I check the status now and again.
I am about to cancel, they can have the 25% restocking fee, and I'll order an entire new guitar!
The customer service has been quite poor, I've talked to them a few times now.

Jeremym90 said:
They claim they are transparent on this issue, but apperantly not. Also they told me only 12 bodies have ever been blemished before, I was just unlucky.

Lol I personally had 2 orders not pass QC, I highly doubt 12 ever is an even slightly accurate number.

I had an order go on hold before because the color I wanted was no longer available.  Best to just call them up.

cromulent said:
I had an order go on hold before because they color I wanted was no longer available.  Best to just call them up.

It seems weird to me that if my order was put on hold they didn't contact me to tell me whats up?
My old job, the first thing we would have done is alert the customer. (so I am speaking from my customer service experience and yes we were a very small company of only 14 employees)
I sent an email but of course by the time I saw it was on hold they closed, so I have to wait till Monday, their time (I am on the east coast)
I really am close to just canceling the order and buying a LTD Arrow or like a Harley Benton or something with SS frets

So if the neck is what is messes up, they shouldn't charge me a restocking free, because what are they restocking a jacked up neck?
Put that money on a LTD or a Schecter.

Jeremym90 said:
I get the vibe they have so much business , at this time they could care less if they get a mad customer, even if they are loyal to warmoth for years.

I think you’re right, at the same time I feel it’s an extremely short sighted stance from their part. Never in the history of electric guitar we had the same offer of very diverse instruments at every price point. I feel that, aside from *wanting* to build yourself a partscasters, nowdays either you have in mind a very specific combination of woods and specs you can only have with warmoth, or you’ll find something suitable already on the market.
Lately I fancied a carved top tele body with a binding a metallic paint, thought about ordering one, then discovered the Chapman ml3 pro traditional gives you the exact same combination of specs I had in mind and with a nicer heel joint, just to make an example.

Only Warmoth has the answer you seek. Call them/write them when they are open.

Mind that I have 4 warmoth builds and I like them, but still today’s market is what it is.

Not sure what happened to @Jeremym90's post that everyone is quoting. Perhaps he deleted it himself. But...

....of course Warmoth cares if we have an upset customer. Of course we do. We try as hard as we can to make every customer's experience a good one.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Again, this conversation would be best served directly with Warmoth.

Above all, this. Unofficial Warmoth is not an official source for order or product support. Contact Warmoth directly with your questions/concerns and we will help you out. Also, I'm not sure what part of the world everyone lives in, but be aware that July 4th is a US holiday with an extended weekend. Lots of people build their vacations around the date as well, which means smaller staff than normal before and after.

Even though it’s apparent when talking to warmoth that they are pretty jammed, if you do in fact contact them and explain the situation (politely and reasonably) they will respond in part and they are very easy to deal with. Warmoth usually does make sure that each customer has a good experience. After all we are a vocal bunch, and they would like the things we say to be nice so that they have more business. Everyone else is right. Send warmoth an email and follow up after 4 business days if you haven’t received a response.

TBurst Std said:
Guys I suggest troll.  This OP hasn’t even visited the board since his OP date.

Thinking any criticism must be a troll is not a great stance. Never understood the brand loyalty some people have...

ValeBliz said:
TBurst Std said:

Thinking any criticism must be a troll is not a great stance. Never understood the brand loyalty some people have...

I didn’t say, I suggested it: as the OP hasn’t visited the board since the OP. Which was fact at the time I said it.

Contact customer service through emails, and check your spam as well because sometimes their responses come back not marked as Warmoth...
Had this happen to me when my body and neck went from pending to processing, sent emails with no response, turns out I did get a response just the PC routed them to spam by mistake...

In my experience it means something wasn't good enough to pass QC (The neck in my case) and they're currently remaking that with about 3-4 weeks out on it being finished...

So yeah, just your spam if you're not getting responses...

Also if it's JUST a blemish on the body if you had asked for pics of it and where it was if you were fine with it they may have sent it on ahead as I discussed with them regarding another neck after the above because as I told them if the blemish wasn't too bad I could still work with it...

TBurst Std said:
ValeBliz said:
TBurst Std said:

I didn’t say, I suggested it: as the OP hasn’t visited the board since the OP. Which was fact at the time I said it.

Lol, No, not trolling.

I found out what happened.

I called and I found out that I made a mistake on what I ordered, two incompatible parts, R3 Floyd Prep on the neck and a R4 nut and they caught it.
Good on them, I do appreciate it, still should have emailed me about it first.

Good that you discovered the reason and can hopefully get it rectified.

But still goes back to the original premise that's not even unique to Warmoth: when one has an order problem, ask the merchant directly and immediately.

The texting/smartphone era has made all of us more apprehensive about what we think is direct confrontation, so we try to dance around the topic instead (I admit, I prefer a less direct approach if I can*, and I'm of a generation that grew up before the Internet was a thing!).

Some companies have embraced social media as a secondary customer service line, like Twitter.  WM isn't one of those companies.  There's a CS phone number to call and an e-mail address to send questions to.

(this isn't directed at you specifically, USAgent, but to other readers who'll come along in the future)

* I was very accustomed to jumping on the phone in the '90s but got out of practice with the rise of the Internet. Nowadays, though, with so much customer service being off-shored or WFH, I have to admit that talking on the phone is not my first choice often due to the horrible bandwidth, throughput, and latency at the rep's location where I can barely hear/understand them on their shoddy VOIP or even Bluetooth connections.

Back