opinions on screaming deals bass neck & price please

AprioriMark

I kinda want to throw this on a bass body that I have, but I'm not sure how awesome it will look in person, and I sorta don't want to pay what they're asking at the moment.  I'm cheap like that unless it's EXACTLY what I want, you know?  Should I bother waiting for this neck to come down, or just grab a maple/rosewood from the In Stock section?  I just want this bass to a) have a Warmoth neck and b) be playable... I'm loaning it to a friend who's learning.

http://www.warmoth.com/Showcase/ShowcaseNeck.aspx?deals=true&Path=Deals,Necks&Body=1&i=BN1795

-Mark

The difference between Goncalo/Goncalo and Maple/Rosewood is quite drastic visually ,tonally, and playability-wise (Goncalo can be played raw, versus Maple needing a hard finish)

I don't know what it looks like in person, but i have a Goncalo fingerboard on one of my necks and it looks amazing. I am sure that whatever it looks like, it will put any Maple/Rosewood neck to shame.

Personally, though a solid Goncalo neck would probably be too dark-toned for my taste versus a Maple neck, i would choose this neck over Maple/Rosewood for the smooth raw feel and looks.

$245 is a great deal, i would just go for it.
It will be worth every penny.

that's pretty sweet, you better get it before I do. These things ALWAYS look even better in person than on the interwebs.

You better move REAL fast, I have another stashed body with no neck.... I'm surprised that's still there...

I'm not actually going to buy it cuz I want a 2+2 neck.  But it's a very good price.  :guitaristgif:

It's been there for a while, and I probably won't buy it at that price.  I have a couple exotic necks on basses, and it's not worth the 245 to me.

I'm mostly just curious if anyone expects it to drop from there.  I'm not building a dream bass, and I can finish a maple neck for free, since I still have the stuff from the last couple that I've done.

-Mark

Back