Online pickup reviews

Wyliee

This goes out to anyone that owns/has owned pickups that Warmoth carries.

You can leave product reviews on the Warmoth website. (Yes, even for bumper stickers.)  It would be great if we could get (honest & constructive) reviews for pickups.  While UnofficialWarmoth is a great place to discuss pickups, it is still a fairly small population.  We'd like to help as many people as possible make informed decisions.  Your real world experiences can also help others as well.

Thanks!

Okay done.  But the system of reviewing chrome separate from black separate from zebra makes no sense.

well a cover does make some difference in tone - according to some people gold plated covers attenuated even more highs than chrome covers...

btw - I wrote a few...

Unwound G said:
I would very much like to review Lindy Fralin's P90s but W does not carry them  :sad1:

Why not do a  review here under it's own thread? :icon_thumright:

GoDrex said:
well a cover does make some difference in tone - according to some people gold plated covers attenuated even more highs than chrome covers...

Definitely a difference with covers, but not as far as a black, white, or zebra one is concerned.

I have a set, of lindy fralins, blues specials, these are very good, if your looking for a classic strat quack sound these are for you. they are very crisp, clean and bright. with that quack sound that only a strat has, these are the shite. Outside of posting an audio, I don't know how to describe them.

I am working on getting an audio clip to showoff all my guitars, it may take a few weeks

Wyliee said:
dbw said:
Okay done.  But the system of reviewing chrome separate from black separate from zebra makes no sense.

Good point.  I'll have to ponder that.
Add that to the hardware reviews too.  PW tuners are nice, but not worthy of different reviews for color or 3x3 / 6-inline.

Back