One Piece Flame Maple on One Piece Mahogany LP

Lucky #7

This is interesting looking.

LPCP177a.jpg

I love figured tops :blob7: It's beautiful like most of the recent LP's Warmoth has produced the last months. On the other hand...The price is very expensive :sad: I made a deal with myself never buy again an expensive part so I hope someone buys it soon.

GoDrex said:
I like that a lot better than book matched.

Then you should jump on that one; flamed or quilted maple in situ wide enough to do a one piece carve top doesn't come around very often...

that's beautiful! one of a kind body.  I love the one piece look. they had a basswood strat a while back with a one piece lam top that looked really unique.  I wonder how much that would be as an option?

jackthehack said:
GoDrex said:
I like that a lot better than book matched.

Then you should jump on that one; flamed or quilted maple in situ wide enough to do a one piece carve top doesn't come around very often...

yeah I've yet to see one, but my next guitar is going to cost total, around what that body costs.... it's too much for me. And I'm done with LPs - time for something else.

GoDrex said:
... And I'm done with LPs - time for something else.

Never say never :glasses9: I have my thinline and two tele bodies waiting :toothy11:
Damn the showcase and the buy button :help:

WOW

I much more appriciate this one piece carved top concept
I think it just looks so much cooler than convential bookmatching

:kewlpics:

Kostas said:
GoDrex said:
... And I'm done with LPs - time for something else.

Never say never :glasses9:

hmmm why not? I've got the LP I wanted and I'm not the type to want more. I'm not hooked on particular shapes. In fact I prefer variety. I've got an LP a strat and a Parker. I want and explorer next - and then that's it for me. Having two LPs seems redundant to me. I do want a bass, but I'll probably not do a Warmoth one.

I think that looks amazing.  It might sound wierd but I think of something lunar when I see it, like in the autumn when the moon is a darker color and not quite full.  Sounds dumb, i know.

if only gibson made les paul standards like that...  if I could be so lucky. But then they'd charge you 5 grand for the privilege.

elgravos said:
if only gibson made les paul standards like that...  if I could be so lucky. But then they'd charge you 5 grand for the privilege.

Cheapest price I've seen on a "premium flametop" with 2 piece matchbooked top is $6799.99

Back