OMG....the flame..

Now that's a nice custom shop job.  Looks like a seriously sweet axe.

DBU's definitely got him beat in the price category though.

Blue313 said:
Now that's a nice custom shop job.  Looks like a seriously sweet axe.

DBU's definitely got him beat in the price category though.
True dat... :laughing7:

Wow that's gorgeous but somebody drilled a big hole in the body and put a big metal thing flopping around on springs where the TOM should go, and that neck looks like it's been played to death, there are huge gouges between the frets! Not even remotely playable..... :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

tfarny said:
Wow that's gorgeous but somebody drilled a big hole in the body and put a big metal thing flopping around on springs where the TOM should go, and that neck looks like it's been played to death, there are huge gouges between the frets! Not even remotely playable..... :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

it's true! i feel like i should make him a pity offer. maybe... $100?

THATS what a custom shop model should be. you can definitely tell that didn't come off a production line!

Jacksons are probably my fave after Warmoth.  5K is more than I would ever pay for a guitar but what a beauty!

Definitely nice flame, too bad they reverse skunked the middle with the ebony.  :icon_scratch:

I bet it's a really, really bright guitar.

Death by Uberschall said:
Definitely nice flame, too bad they reverse skunked the middle with the ebony.  :icon_scratch:

I bet it's a really, really bright guitar.
Yip, would have been better with all flame top and ebony skunk thru the back...May have been a flaw in the top... :dontknow:

I wish Warmoth would offer flame maple boards on other core neck woods.  :toothy11:
I'm not much for ebony, but I like that neck... :laughing7:

DangerousR6 said:
I wish Warmoth would offer flame maple boards on other core neck woods.  :toothy11:
I'm not much for ebony, but I like that neck... :laughing7:

Think it neck dives!!!  :toothy12:
Nah, the rev headstock acts as a counterbalance.... :headbang:

They've said why they don't.  Maple boards don't like to stick for very long on non-Maple necks.  Somehow it's different than sticking a non-Maple fretboard on a Maple neck.  Expansion/contraction and whatnot.

maybe the demand just isn't enough for the kind of equipment it would take to make it durable? im guessing if its an issue of expansion then it involves some fancy tenon work to hold it together

That's not something I would want, so it doesn't bug me, but I can understand the "want."  For all the weird exotic neck combinations they've done and maybe created a market for, I think they'd do this if they could get it to work.  I've seen raw maple necks before but Warmoth doesn't do it because of the small minority that it doesn't work for.  The only fretboard/neck separation I've ever had was on a Mahogany neck with Maple fretboard.

NonsenseTele said:
What a maple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you need some tissues Fernando?  :laughing7:    (you seem shocked and may be tearful)

Back