Old N00B very thankful for this site!

Doody

Greetings! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and finally registered-up!

I first became a Warmoth customer in the late 1980s - probably just over 20 years ago. Damn I'm old!  :binkybaby: I replaced my first bass - a Peavey - with a Fender Jazz Special and decided I'd turn the Peavey into a fretless. Long story short, I ended up building the fretless bass from scratch with a Warmoth body and neck. I've posted some snaps in the gallery: http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=4450.0 .

My first project, that got me into this insanity, was completely refurbing a beat-to-crap old Rickenbacker in college. Sadly, I sold it. But I had a blast working on it and making her sing again!

I started playing guitar a few years back on an Ovation acoustic and recently decided it was time to go electric and get a Strat. It never even occurred to me to buy something off the shelf - I immediately headed to the Internet to see if Warmoth was still around. Not only are they around, they seem to be kickin' butt AND there's this AMAZING resource here that I totally didn't have when I built my fretless bass.

Thanks for building this super community, folks! I hope I can contribute too. For the near future though, I'll just likely be a pest asking lots of stupid questions  :help: !!!!

Doody

Thats an awesome story.Very nice of you to take the time to share that with us. :eek:ccasion14:

Welcome to the board!!!

I love your bass, that finish is amazing!

Good luck with your future builds.

Back