ok, this is just hilarious!

Perhaps you are right (Josh is a pedal builder afterall). But you have to admit that the PCB snap off wrenches are a stroke of freaking genius!

Korg had something similar for their recent kits, but not the PCB.

5bbaca1ac99cc2a3c39cdaf7fb554d7e_pc.jpg

The goop, the snap-off wrenches, the whole thing is freaking brilliant. IMO, it's exactly the right stab at the heart of the comical beast that the Klon and its pseudo-legend has become.

Josh has added a ton of value to this product. The whole schtick takes me back to Christmas days of my youth, putting together models, or genius kits, or whatever. I literally haven't been this excited to buy a pedal in two decades.

He is going to sell a million of these, and one will be to me.

I guess I gotta get one now ... I have two surviving overdrive pedals, out of all the ones I've had in the past. One of them is a analog man duke of tone, the other is an old BBL tubescreamer clone. I never thought I'd get another. Geez.

The goop, the snap-off wrenches, the whole thing is freaking brilliant. IMO, it's exactly the right stab at the heart of the comical beast that the Klon and its pseudo-legend has become.

Josh has added a ton of value to this product. The whole schtick takes me back to Christmas days of my youth, putting together models, or genius kits, or whatever. I literally haven't been this excited to buy a pedal in two decades.

He is going to sell a million of these, and one will be to me.
He mentioned in a video yesterday they have orders for 12,000 units

I saw that as well. Josh and co. seem to be scrambling. But in business, the "we're super busy" problem is the best problem to have.

Hats off to Josh!

He mentioned in a video yesterday they have orders for 12,000 units

Good for him! I hope he sells ten times that many.

I will wait until the rush subsides, because I have made it a personal policy to never be on a wait list for gear, but I will absolutely buy one when/if they become available without a "pre-order".

And I sincerely, with all my heart hope that Josh can meet demand and make it available in a way that suppresses any more Klon-style nonsense. A MASSIVE part of the appeal of this product to me is that it is in every way an anti-klon. As soon as it tips the other way, with wait-lists and scarce diodes and etc etc etc then my interest fades very quickly.

I am rooting for you Josh!

Back