ok, this is just hilarious!

Perhaps you are right (Josh is a pedal builder afterall). But you have to admit that the PCB snap off wrenches are a stroke of freaking genius!

It's also pretty cool that Josh shows the original Klon (as in the first one made EVER) on the video. Then lets the kids poke at the insides :)

I love this guy. I've watched several of his videos and he always cracks me right up. The only JHS pedal I have is the Paul Gilbert PG-14, which is one of the most versatile distortion pedals I've ever used. It's my weapon of choice when in "high gain mode" into my Supro Keeely 1x12.

I don't have any Klon experience, but I do have a J.Rockett Archer Clean which is an absolutely amazing boost pedal.

I love this guy. I've watched several of his videos and he always cracks me right up. The only JHS pedal I have is the Paul Gilbert PG-14, which is one of the most versatile distortion pedals I've ever used. It's my weapon of choice when in "high gain mode" into my Supro Keeely 1x12.

I don't have any Klon experience, but I do have a J.Rockett Archer Clean which is an absolutely amazing boost pedal.
That's why I have two J Rockett "Jeff" pedals on my board.

One is set as a clean boost and one is set for overdrive.

Holy crap that's $300,000 in revenue! #jealous
Especially for a pedal he ripped off from another designer (Bill Finnigan) and which doesn't seem to really sound like a Klon.

Is it made in China?

Last edited:
I always enjoy Josh’s videos. Thanks @mayfly for posting this… 🍻. I just placed an order for two NOTAKLÖN’s on a preorder basis. Next batch should be ready by January or February.

Last edited:
JHS is pretty good, they give people what they want, plus a little extra. Note the JHS switch. Price's right.

I have a Muffaletta, and it sounds like various big muffs, so if you're looking for a muff, why not get something a little extra with 6 different muffs in one box. And if you're like me you wait for the year end sales, and bam, one delicious Muffaletta lands on you're board and finds a permanent place. I'm so tempted to get one of these, listening to the youtube videos it sounds like a Klon, and there is no way I'm going to pay the $8000 to get an original. Not happening. As his kid says, it's the price of two cups of coffee, it's in the right price range.

It's what I look for in a pedal, you get something that does the basic, whatever it is, and then it's really attractive when there's something to kick it up a notch, as Emeril Lagousi (sp?) used to say. Anyway, he'd know about muffalettas.

As to stealing? I'm sure the reason that the original Klon had goop covering it, was to hide that it was based on a circuit anyone could build. I'm betting JHS's made a marketing agreement with the Klon guy for a percentage. I know that's what he did with EHX and the muff clone.

As to being made in China, it's being made in your house. As to the components, probably overseas, we've outsourced this lowend tech, long ago.

PS A muffaletta is a sandwich from New Orleans via Sicily

Last edited:
Especially for a pedal he ripped off from another designer (Bill Finnigan) and which doesn't seem to really sound like a Klon.

Is it made in China?
JHS pedals are all USA made from my understanding.

Ripoff is a hard term here because Bill doesnt make them any more 🤷‍♂️

Why are the guys who demo Klons always such crappy players?

They never do a Klon justice with all that chugga chugga stuff.
lol, I didn't hear any chugga chugga in the video. did we watch the same thing? j beck could make an Amazon basics pedal sound like a million bucks. are you only here to try to dunk on jhs?

Is it made in China?
again, did we watch the same video? The A/B part sounded close enough to identical for me. how much closer could you want for $99?
As to being made in China, it's being made in your house. As to the components, probably overseas, we've
outsourced this lowend tech, long ago.
wellllll, the pcb looks to be mostly smd components pre populated. The Y part of this DIY kit is only the like last 2% of any build: putting it in a chassis. where the boards were populated is anyone guess unless js confirms it somewhere. i don't have a ton of love for the guy, I mean, he seems okay, but also like the kinda guy who thinks flour is too spicy, or thinks reading specs from mouser.com product pages counts as bedtime stories. its still a cool product but the DIY part of it is pretty minimal, tho the included goop gave me a legit big lol out loud. if i didn't already have a Aion electronics kit for a clon already made I may have tried to grt one of these. maybe he'll do another batch

Back