Offset Dot Inlays?

I was wondering if you guys have ever given thought to a standard offset-dot inlay option. I thought it seemed a pretty glaring omission given how common it is, especially with the new batch of other inlay options you've added recently.

I searched it up on the forum and someone made the suggestion in 2016 here, with 8 people replying in agreement. Any word on it since then? Maybe for that 40th anniversary thing?

Rick said:
Do you have pic of what you're looking for?

Dot inlays but oriented on the edge of the fretboard, rather than centered, as pictured on this Charvel. Pretty standard on Kiesels, and commonly seen on Jackson, Schecter, sometimes on Ibanez, etc. I have a favorite Washburn with offset inlays, bit of a cleaner look but still helps give a visual cue for your hands.

Attachments

• 2969041568_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
    2969041568_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
    162.6 KB · Views: 293
Jackson and Kiesel have also been using this design more recently, with the dots above the 12th fret oriented on the lower edge. Not to my taste but I'm sure there are others who would appreciate having it as an option as well.

Attachments

• 2914006521_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
    2914006521_gtr_frt_001_rr.png
    301 KB · Views: 277
Double A says there's a bunch of good stuff coming for the "W"s 40th anniversary. Offset dots is something I'd also love to see. We can always hope.....  :dontknow:

stinkerton agent said:
I was wondering if you guys have ever given thought to a standard offset-dot inlay option. I thought it seemed a pretty glaring omission given how common it is, especially with the new batch of other inlay options you've added recently.

I searched it up on the forum and someone made the suggestion in 2016 here, with 8 people replying in agreement. Any word on it since then? Maybe for that 40th anniversary thing?

Brian May "Red Special" style inlays would be awesome too!

I wholeheartedly second your suggestion!

This is the reason why I'm going with no inlays at all on my next build.

I find all the inlays Warmoth is offering to be too conspicuous for my taste. I didn't expect the dots to be so large on my neck.

I'd dig the small side-dots option! In fact, I looked for it and was surprised not to find it.

Back