Off to see and hear Steve Vai

Logrinn

I just bought a ticket to tomorrows Passion and Warfare concert with Steve Vai.

It's been a long time since I saw/heard him last. It's gonna be fun. :party07:

So how was it?

Is anyone else extremely excited for the new album, coming out at the end of the month?  :blob7:

It was good.
I wouldn't say great because even though there was great playing and awesome highlights, there was also some stuff that could have been excluded - IMHO - and, honestly, the sound was suffering.

Why does it have to be so loud? Oh, right, I'm getting old, that must be it ...

Obviously I was wearing earplugs to save my hearing, and that of course colors the sound. But I find that it usually helps in distinguishing the different levels of the instruments. But depending on where I was standing there was times that I couldn't hear any guitar, just a big thuddy, muffled sound. A shame actually.

But there were, as I said, moments of both great playing and great sound (strangely enough).

There were some cool videos showing people like Frank Zappa, Joe Satriani and John Petrucci that played along the band in sync. So Steve were jamming and trading solos with these guys. That was really awesome.

:headbang1:

Looking at the sheer number of shows he plays in a row, there can't be a lot of time spent setting things up. I saw he's doing over twenty shows across northern Europe just in the month of June!

I think I'd be happy just watching him play. Hope you enjoyed what you could.

Sorry to hear the performance, in general, was subpar.

On a different note (no pun intended), did he play "For the Love of God?"  That has to be my all time favorite Steve Vai song.

He did play For the Love of God. That one was one of the highlights and sounded great.  :icon_thumright:

28 sec footage clip

Laser Eyes!
146600593094984700_resized.jpg

Jamming with Satriani
146600571530387200_resized.jpg

and Petrucci
146600571390254000_resized.jpg

Back