Off-center dots

mscmkr

Hi people
I am thinking of having an ebony / wenge neck made for me. Do you think that Warmoth would be kind enough to provide the neck with off-center small dots (in that sense http://tinyurl.com/2kxnfv) so that the ebony's colour is less "interrupted"?
Thanks in advance

I'd order a neck with this inlay style!  It probably belongs in the suggestion box.  I could see Warmoth going for this.  :)

I also like the Red Special-style dots... three at the 12 and 24, and two at the 7 and 19.  Warmoth probably won't go for this.  :(

Why, you got a rare form of finger cancer than can only be cured by playing on a fretboard with off-center dots?  :eek:

Sorry but I don't appreciate comments / jokes about health. If you rephrased, I would gladly answer.

^That was the initial thought. But since I never played without dots, I have doubts as to whether I would be able to cope with the complete lack of some kind of marker.

I went for no inlays on my wenge/ebony neck, and it turned out that I only need the side dots anyway. I love the clean look too!

oh and on the off-center dots, I would swear that I have seen older warmoths for sale on ebay that had similar off-center dots. maybe it was done later though.

mscmkr said:
Hi people
I am thinking of having an ebony / wenge neck made for me. Do you think that Warmoth would be kind enough to provide the neck with off-center small dots (in that sense http://tinyurl.com/2kxnfv) so that the ebony's colour is less "interrupted"?
Thanks in advance

We have done that before. You'll need to call in to Warmoth and have a rep run down the people neccessary to pull it off and get a quote if it is still something we can do. Thanks!

m4rk0 said:
I went for no inlays on my wenge/ebony neck, and it turned out that I only need the side dots anyway. I love the clean look too!

Did the same here, except for the 12th fret. I've been amazed at how I guess I really didn't need the inlays anyways. Try it, you may be suprised and like it.

mscmkr said:
Sorry but I don't appreciate comments / jokes about health. If you rephrased, I would gladly answer.
Sheesh, I didn't mean to offend you.  Why do you need this inlay pattern so badly?

Back