Now that they're all gone...

spauldingrules

What is/was the deal with the reduced prices on the VW bodies?  New Fender EVH model coming out?  Let us know OR ELSE....

OR ELSE.....he'll start biting his nails? wetting the bed? biting the heads off bats? :dontknow:

A few of the final batch will probably end up on Ebay in a week or two, at 3 times the fire-sale price, of course. The word "discontinued" will be used repeatedly and capitalized.

Educated guess is that you may still be able to order, but you're not going to see any more in the Showcase; the ones that just got all blown out at 1/2 price all sat there for the last year

jackthehack said:
Educated guess is that you may still be able to order, but you're not going to see any more in the Showcase; the ones that just got all blown out at 1/2 price all sat there for the last year

If Warmoth is discontinuing these bodies for copyright reasons like the EB headstock, we will not be able to order them again.
I agree most of these bodies stayed too long in the showcase but I have seen strat and tele bodies staying more than a year with no price reduction. A week before the reduction price Warmoth added two new curved bodies, they were both gone in 5 days! I wish they paid more attention to these and other shapes and not only to strats. Those last two curved bodies were amazing. I'm not surprised the others stayed so long in the showcase, weren't so special (the looks not the woods). As we speak there is no VW category in the showcase so I'm assuming they are discontinued. It's sad because I prefered Warmoth's curved VW than the EB or Peavey.

i think that they just dont sell as well. i think they apeal mainly to the van halen crowd. if someone wants a carved top they might go for a LP or VIP. for a flat top they might want a tele.
i wanted to do a VW but none off the showcase really did it for me. i mean the flat top just looks awkward without the binding and i don't even like the carved top, at least not as much as the vip.
it's a smaller crowd with a more specific taste. with a strat you can put anything u pthere and it's boud to be someones perfect guitar, not so with a VW.

I really prefer the Wolfgang body... If they discontinue the VW instead of the new Fender EVH that should come soon, I won't be sad  :cool01:

I think Jack has nailed it. I don't think there's anything sinister in clearing out old stock, it's that time of year. Maybe Gregg or Wyliee can shed some light on the future of the VW. In the meantime, good luck to anyone who's picked up a bargain :guitaristgif:

I am reliably informed that the VW is no more, at the request of EB......"that's all she wrote" :sad1:

DiMitriR33 said:
i think that they just dont sell as well. i think they apeal mainly to the van halen crowd. if someone wants a carved top they might go for a LP or VIP. for a flat top they might want a tele.
i wanted to do a VW but none off the showcase really did it for me. i mean the flat top just looks awkward without the binding and i don't even like the carved top, at least not as much as the vip.
it's a smaller crowd with a more specific taste. with a strat you can put anything u pthere and it's boud to be someones perfect guitar, not so with a VW.

I disagree, at least in my specific case. I'm decidedly not a VH fan, I just like the body shape. I like the LP as well, but I really just can't wrap my mind around a bolt-neck Lester. Of course, the VW is somewhat Paulish anyway, especially with a carved top, and it's a bolt-on in its natural state.
As for flat tops-I hate Teles, but am patiently waiting for a carved top Tele from W.

Back