Now that I have my neck….

ChrisMC

….which is an incredibly well figured roasted flame maple with an ebony board…it’s confirmed my suspicion that I can’t for the life of me figure out why anybody would want to change the amazing feel of that beautiful bare wood by putting a finish of any kind on it.

That is all.

that right, man, i totally agree. some folks be puttin' so much oil on their necks you'd think the US Govt would be tryin' ta declare it a national reserve LOL

BroccoliRob said:
that right, man, i totally agree. some folks be puttin' so much oil on their necks you'd think the US Govt would be tryin' ta declare it a national reserve LOL

Guilty. I wanted to look like one of those Ball Family Reserve roasted maple necks. I am also in agreement though that the naked neck is perfection. I spent a good bit of time staring at it and wondering if I should sand or no.

It’s this one. Why would I want to cover that up? It’s gorgeous!

Attachments

• FF4A6C16-D3D8-489A-A1A1-BC2DD157A8D7.png
    FF4A6C16-D3D8-489A-A1A1-BC2DD157A8D7.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 186
ChrisMC said:
It’s this one. Why would I want to cover that up? It’s gorgeous!

You would not want to cover it up but go on Chris get a couple of coats of Tru-Oil on to pop the grain even more so we can do a comparison  :)

Lets see the front as well.  :eek:ccasion14:

I’m not at an actual computer much, so this low res photo will have to do. It came out FANTASTIC though!

Attachments

• 89A8CFBB-0C57-4D0C-A2B7-297370757927.png
    89A8CFBB-0C57-4D0C-A2B7-297370757927.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 158
Thanks Chris, I quite like that angled humbucker. Overall it looks good...  :icon_thumright:

Back