Not your usual tele...Baritone 5A roasted flamer

Madmaskbass

Hey guys,

First Warmoth build kicking off.  I have built a few basses now and it is time to build a guitar.  This one will be heavily inspired by Rabea Massad's signature model chapman Tele.  The body will be built by me from an incredible piece of Queensland Maple which is an Australian wood that is Mahogany like but so so so nice to make guitars out of. 

Body:
Tele Shape Queensland Maple
All of the carves and maybe heel access carve (not 100% on this one yet)
Black stained top with natural back and sides
Osmo finish: totally in love with Osmo.  so easy to use and feels incredible when finished
Bareknuckle silo in bridge (black covers aged gold bolts)
Seymour Duncan mini humbucker in neck
Hipshot IBBY bridge (looks super comfy and cool...not traditional but who cares lol)
5 way, coil split and tone

Neck:
Warmoth 5A roasted flame maple 6
baritone Scale
Reverse Warhead
No inlays
Black tusq nut
Wide tall stainless frets
Tele heel
Hipshot locking tuners black
slightly truoiled: I have used truoil on necks alot and it is an incredible finish so I have no hesitation adding it to this to grain pop and feel

This will be the star of the show.  I could buy a really really nice guitar for what this neck cost me lol.  I know warmoth can make an incredible neck and I know it will great but fingers crossed for something special. 

I love the look of a plain classic black guitar with an ultra figured neck like a Suhr but I also always rather feel the grain of the wood.  I am hoping that the natural wood will also be like a natural binding type look aka PRS but I have to figure out what the carves will look like.  Because I am going black I am going to have a few little tinges of gold highlights as well as that classic combo.  I am really combining all of the things that i love stylistically in guitars into one but trying to not overdo it either.  Sometimes when you go crazy with figured woods and hardware it can be over the top..I want this to look simple yet really classy.  Black and roasted maple with a touch of gold is going to look insane. 

Yeah I hear you on not going overboard.

I love roasted maple necks as well, but feel they don't match well with a lot of colors - IMO, black, white and 60's Fender-y pastels, and otherwise bold colors (candy apple red!) work best.

Gold hardware on a black body is a classic look - one I've been wanting to do for a while - good luck on your build!

Zebra said:
...I love roasted maple necks as well, but feel they don't match well with a lot of colors...

....Gold hardware on a black body is a classic look...

I think roasted maple looks best next to subdued colors or natural wood grains. OP's got it right - that flamed maple will look great against the darker color of the black dyed top. Always yes to Gold on Black as well.

Great build! I've always been intrigued by baritones as I've wondered if I could tune one up to standard, and it would fit my hands better? IDK.

Back