Not another Guitar Center thread...

taez555

So the wife was busy, and my daughter was at her Grandparents yesterday, which meant I was free.  So I decided to bring my Warmoth over to Guitar Center and just play through all the different amps for a while.

I would just like to say I have never, ever, ever been treated so well at GC in my entire life.    No annoying "hey dude" banter, or trying to sell me some piece of shit gear.  They were more than happy help me out with a cable, gave me a few suggestions and then..... kept their distance for over an hour and a half as I played, and cranked, every amp in the store.

That's it... I've discovered the secret to guitar center.  Bring your Warmoth in.  The salesdudes won't know what to say.

In the end though, I didn't play any amps I really liked.  They didn't have any Boogies that blew me away.  The Egnator tourmaster 4x12 sounded good, but I didn't like the lead channel.

The worst part of it all is I ended up buying a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. :-(    $109 for a new Swollen Pickle.  $50 cheaper than anywhere on-line. I just couldn't pass up the price.  Damn you GC!!!!!!!.  I had an actual positive GC experience and I still left feeling dirty.  :)

taez555 said:
The worst part of it all is I ended up buying a Way Huge Swollen Pickle. :-(    $109 for a new Swollen Pickle.  $50 cheaper than anywhere on-line. I just couldn't pass up the price.  Damn you GC!!!!!!!.  I had an actual positive GC experience and I still left feeling dirty.  :)

I'm not sure if I want to say anything.

Max said:
taez555 said:

I'm not sure if I want to say anything.
I agree..........

I DID THE SAME THING!!! ITS TRUE! BRING IN YOUR WARMOTH THEY'LL BE NICE!!! in fact they were interested as to what guitar i brought in and i said i built it with warmoth parts. then the  front desk guy (the one who checks your receipt) called the manager to see it. we went to the mesas (which they now stock  YAY!!!) and played creeping death and the trooper. it was awesome  :guitaristgif:

I just realized I haven't taken my LP to Guitar Center yet...  I like to try stuff out at GC and then order it from somewhere else.  But I enjoy walking in the door, getting the "Oh, it's a girl" look from the guys who work there, and then watching their eyes get huge when they see what I've brought with me.  They freaked out when I brought in my Helix bass, so I can only imagine the reaction when I bring my LP.

smavridis said:
I DID THE SAME THING!!! ITS TRUE! BRING IN YOUR WARMOTH THEY'LL BE NICE!!! in fact they were interested as to what guitar i brought in and i said i built it with warmoth parts. then the  front desk guy (the one who checks your receipt) called the manager to see it. we went to the mesas (which they now stock  YAY!!!) and played creeping death and the trooper. it was awesome  :guitaristgif:

A couple of the sales guys were checking it out.  Mostly they commented on how cool the green quilt looked.  The guy at the door asked me some questions about how I built it and how much it cost.

So I went into Long & McQuade the other day (the Canadian Guitar Center) looking for a strap for Kashmir.

They guys ignored me.

I found a bunch of nice straps.... but they all said Long & McQuade on them!  I'll be dammed if I'm going to put a strap that *says* Long & McQuade on Kashmir -  so I ended up with one that was not quite as nice  :doh:

Should have went to Steve's

Back