nordstrand preamp

melodicly

Anybody try it yet. I was hoping to just do a two band but it looks like anything I can find is not only three band but with sweepable mids. It is not a bad idea since mids are so important to bass but most of the time it is easily done on the amp and I tend to get myself into "overload" with too many tone options. Is there a best place to buy these preamps? BTW I am thinking two fatstacks in a gecko medium5. Thanks in advance.
Dale

SkuttleFunk said me he wouldn't be able to come here for a while, is trevelling, think you'll have to wait untill he arrives... he is the man with basses and nordstrand...

I haven't gotten my hands on one, but am desperate to do so.

If you really want 2-band, the Aguilar OBP-1 is 2-band (boost only), and I think Audere may make a 2-band as they allow you to configure preamps on order. Audere has a good rep and a lot of builders combine them with nordstrands.

Havent' tried the Nordy preamp but I have an OBP-1 in a bass.  Very clean.  I have an OBP-2 scheduled to go in my next build.  It is a boost/cut version of the OBP-1.  I've also used the OBP-3 in another bass.  It worked quite well too.  Very clean and clear.

If you want to try another vendor, I've played a few basses with the Audere preamp.  Very versatile and musical.  The pickup loading is almost like 3 different EQ presets.  The builder, Dave, is a good guy too.

I have no doubt the Nordy preamp will work well if you wanted to give it a try.

Back