NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big V

Someone has gotten their hands on this baby :sad: :sad:.
I'm seriously going to start rampaging if this one-of-a-kind-wonder doesn't end up in a good home :eek:ccasion14:.
If the lucky bastard who got his or her hands on this body is on the boards, please gloat, and post pictures of it fully assembled :sad:
MP153A.jpg

Man, don't you hate that? You see something on the showcase and just pray and pray that it stays there until you get the money together and then someone grabs it. Some of you guys may remember those amboyna burl tops that were on the showcase during the sale. I so badly wanted one of those but they both disappeared.
MULLY

NonsenseTele said:
Fortunatelly, I don't remember these Amboyna Burl, it would be a torture to me remember it :)

You're lucky. I saved the pics on my hard drive and then threw them out when I was doing spring cleaning.
MULLY

Oh my! i won a prize? WOOHOO!!! :toothy10:
But seriously: I got so much GAS from this body. :sad1:
Do you guys think that a similar body can be ordered from W(via phone) if I ask very nicely? :eek:ccasion14:

I would advise keeping this pic and when you order send it to them and tell them it's the image you have. Because wood grain is like fingerprints you won't be able to get one exactly like that but they'll at least know you want a nicely figured piece of wood.
MULLY

Big V said:
Oh my! i won a prize? WOOHOO!!! :toothy10:
But seriously: I got so much GAS from this body. :sad1:
Do you guys think that a similar body can be ordered from W(via phone) if I ask very nicely? :eek:ccasion14:

im gonna go with no, but aske them anyway. they do things that "warmoth doesn't do" and put it on the showcase. you may get pau ferro on a top but will it look like that? and you may not be able to get it in 3 piece with bloodwood stripe unless you ask really really nicely.. that thing is one of a kind and i dont know if a copy would look so good.

i hate explorers and i was looking at that going hmmm if i work this many overtime hours then it'll take so many weeks to get it. that thing was amazing.

Quote from: Big V on Today at 12:59:21 am
Oh my! i won a prize? WOOHOO!!!
But seriously: I got so much GAS from this body.

im gonna go with no, but aske them anyway. they do things that "warmoth doesn't do" and put it on the showcase. you may get pau ferro on a top but will it look like that? and you may not be able to get it in 3 piece with bloodwood stripe unless you ask really really nicely.. that thing is one of a kind and i dont know if a copy would look so good.

i hate explorers and i was looking at that going hmmm if i work this many overtime hours then it'll take so many weeks to get it. that thing was amazing.

Sure, I'm fully aware of that, but I just want a similar wood (if possible, a funky pattern :laughing7:). I just call them and say that I'm willing to pay enough (even my soul :evil4:) to get a pau ferro top with the most awesome figure they can find?  :hello2:

Also, just for the record (I'm too lazy to scan the forums :laughing7:), Can either the explorer neck or the Warmoth neck be ordered to be constructed from 100% walnut? (I know that the Warmoth neck can be Walnut with another FB, but not 100% walnut)
A walnut bodied explorer with Pau Ferro top and a Walnut/Walnut neck would be so awesome :blob7:

Yes, I have been looking at that one for a while - had it not been a TOM bridge and instead was a trem, I would have bought it already. Same with that blueburst explorer in the showcase.

1) What is GAS? I have seen this term used frequently on this forum only.
2) I believe I have "GAS" for a very sexy body in the showcase right now.
3) Sorry for your loss. I looked at that body myself, but I decided on another.

GAS = Gear Acquisition Syndrome

or sometimes Guitar Acquisition Syndrome

that was a beautiful body! more than the awesome top, i really like the 3 pieces separated by pin stripes

My grandma bought that body and made a coffee table out of it. I think that qualifies as a good home. :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
My grandma bought that body and made a coffee table out of it. I think that qualifies as a good home. :laughing7:

Hehe! Yer mean! <grin>

GoDrex said:

You know, I've actually considered doing just that same thing when I see some extremely figured body that hasn't had any routing done to it.
MULLY

mullyman said:
GoDrex said:

You know, I've actually considered doing just that same thing when I see some extremely figured body that hasn't had any routing done to it.
MULLY

you have to take a nice piece of unfinished alder or ash, use it as a coffee table for a few years, then clear coat it and have one cool looking "naturally" stained guitar body. stained by soda, coffee, and whatever else. you might even have to be extra careless with it to get some cool stains though

Back