No one on eBay today?

jackthehack

Epic Member
Pretty shocked when my super lowball bid won this Flame Koa on one piece Swamp Ash! Will have to study on how I want to finish this one...

Jbasskoaf.JPG
Jbasskoab.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190243581806

Nice score.  I agree clear gloss on top, perhaps some clear colored tint on the back bursted over the edges of the front?

DocNrock said:
Nice score.  I agree clear gloss on top, perhaps some clear colored tint on the back bursted over the edges of the front?

Light teal. definitely. :toothy12:

Johnhamdun said:
DocNrock said:

Light teal. definitely. :toothy12:

You be crazy, too...  Think I'll do the back an amberish color with darkish brown enhanced grain.

Amber is good; just stain the back, fill, stain again, then shoot clear over all of it. Nice score!

Well i saw a VW on there it looked like your Shredder And it was cheap, i wish i bought it, but there was no money in my mums paypal account and it'd take too long to get the money from my bank account.

You also could use the vintage tint from Reranch to add a little amber to it.  Not the Neck amber but the vintage nitro.  I am a sucker for the brown or black grain enhancement with just a touch of amber to it.  Any which way ya go that thing is darn purtty.
Patrick

BLACK!  :icon_jokercolor:

Use some oil on it! JUST IT!

(I've seen in, but I'm more looking for a PBass or something with humbucker)

Jack: EXCELLENT score & price - your ideas for finish are A-OK  :icon_thumright:

I've got to start paying more attention to the bay (and I am jealous)...

SlingBass said:
Jack: EXCELLENT score & price - your ideas for finish are A-OK  :icon_thumright:

I've got to start paying more attention to the bay (and I am jealous)...

I throw some real lowball bids on nice looking items like that; frankly I couldn't believe it when I won it.

Got the body in today; not much to take a pic of unless you wet the top as in the picture above. Will start another thread in DIY Finishing once I get started on this one....

What about a black stain on the back with a little burst over on a dark amber top? Must be nice to get a good deal on ebay! I hate a bidding war.

Back