No money - no honey (Blues Rock Vibe - song)

wolbai

This song has a clear Blues Rock Vibe …

Got the idea for the vocal chorus in Albufeira/Portugal - a British colony so to speak  :icon_biggrin:
Therefore the lyrics shouldn't taken too seriously. It has also a funpart  :icon_jokercolor:

Haven't used my Warmoth guitar for the recording. Instead:

I rediscovered my James Tyler Variax JTV69 guitar during the recording process. I have used three resonator guitar models in the intro part and a Rickenbacker model in the bridge part. All the other guitar tracks are recorded with the magnetic pups (Kinman/Doug Aldrich). The neck plays perfect. Good guitar too. Have used the Variax in past for gigging purposes where I needed special tunings and acoustic parts within the songs.

On the Marshall JVM410 side I have used various channels (mainly crunch channel for the rhythm; OD-2 red for the main lead part) for the rhythm and leadparts. Perfect amp for players with a need for a variety of tones. This amp does sound good too at very low volume levels.

I am currently experimenting with odd 16th notes pattern, repetitively played (I know this is nothing new) in guitar lead parts. I integrated one pattern around 3:00 min in the main guitar lead part. I think this is another good tool to spice up lead parts. I will experiment with it in the future.

Have fun watching / listening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPaS3EDC-I&feature=youtu.be

Your feedback is important to me.

wolbai

Back