No Earvana on angled headstocks ??? :*(

I don't think it's neck radius problem. I have a Warmoth Pro neck here with a Warmoth-installed Earvana nut on it, and it has a 10"-16" compound radius fretboard. In fact, in looking at the nut, you can see it wouldn't matter what the fretboard radius is. Except for the varying length string slots and depth, the nut looks much like a standard nut. It has a flat base.

It's not as clear as I'd like, but here's what it looks like on my guitar...

HeadstockRotCW.jpg

It's very much like a standard nut install, only the nut material is deeper (.220" vs. .120") and the entire nut is set slightly forward (toward the bridge). By the way, that's a 1 11/16" wide nut, that headstock does not tilt back, and there's obviously no string tree. Works like a champ.

Edit:

Here's a better picture of a standard Earvana nut installation on somebody else's guitar...

EarvanaNut.jpg

Also not a tilt-back, no string trees, 1 11/16" wide at the nut. You can see the whole guitar w/ other detailed pictures here.

Ok I see that but your headstock is straight and therefore uses fender style nut.  And earvana does make fender style nut in 10 deg. format.
But warmoth headstock and les Paul ones are angled and therefore using Gibson style nut.  And those are only made in the 12 deg. format.

At least that's what I think is the problem...

I don't understand the desire for an angled headstock, especially since you haven't even ordered the thing yet and so aren't handicapped by that questionable choice. You could get a straight headstock, which is arguably stronger. But, if you must have one, go back up the thread. There are some examples of where guys have done it.

ho I see..  pretty simple I want to make PRS like guitar.  so body is gonna be VIP and headstock will be warmoth.  if I make a copy of PRS with a Strat head Im just gonna want to kill myself... hehe  just a matter of taste.  I know I can live without the earvana I never heard of it until 1 month ago. but the headstock thats the only reason why I chose warmoth.  because I wanted a "sort of " custom PRS..    hope that makes sense..

It makes perfect sense. All this time I thought we were talking about Strat necks! <grin>

Back