Nigel gets a slight mod…

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Master Member
Did a thing to Nigel today.
The goal was to keep this primarily Strat voiced, while occasionally enjoying the benefits of a hamburger in the bridge. So, rather than just throw a hamburger in the bridge position, I decided to add another hot dog, and give it some space between coils.

The end result, switching is now available to choose one coil, both, or the other, and I can still use either of these in conjunction with the middle pickup.

Added the 3 position on-on-on switch. Center is both coils in parallel, then on either side of the switch is either coil on its own. The furthest towards the bridge gets you the traditional “snarl” of a hot dog so close to bridge. The center position sounds similar to a Fender wide range hamburger buts still uniquely hot dog voiced. The 2nd coil from the bridge is louder and fatter and sounds great either by itself or with the middle pickup.

Now my volume levels are consistent across all pickup positions. This will likely be how I “Strat” from now on…

Attachments

• IMG_5606.jpeg
    IMG_5606.jpeg
    841 KB · Views: 9
Robertson actually just moved the middle pickup over closer to the bridge. Still just 5 positions on his.

This takes it slightly further, but still retaining the option of a middle pickup voicing, and the choice of which/both bridge coils to use selectively, increasing selection options from 5 to 9, respectively.

Last edited:
Back