NGD ! Carved Top Soloist !

icy_wind500

Finally pulled the trigger on this one! Always wanted a HH configuration with splits like a blacktop strat and a floyd rose bridge.

Here it is! installed the neck, tuners and the floyd.
1966772_10153907865515066_1057620026_n.jpg

Still waiting for the wiring harness and the pickups!  :toothy12:

Nice one! I don't think I noticed it in the showroom lately, was it a custom order?

icy_wind500 said:
Yes, it was up there for a few days before I snatched it  :cool01:
Hey! That's the new prototype isn't it? With different carving. Can you post a picture of the carving on the horns at some point as I think that's where it's most noticable.  :icon_thumright:

It does say prototype but I couldn't figure out how it's different though.
I'll try to put some photos up tonight. Does anyone have a photo of the original?

Bird's eye one is the old style. Found a picture of yours and perhaps because of the lighting it's not very clear but it looks like at least the lower horn doesn't have a "ridge" in the middle if you know what I mean.

Attachments

• SLCP42_1.PNG
    SLCP42_1.PNG
    671.6 KB · Views: 321
  • Slcp41a.jpg
    Slcp41a.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 355
primi said:
Bird's eye one is the old style. Found a picture of yours and perhaps because of the lighting it's not very clear but it looks like at least the lower horn doesn't have a "ridge" in the middle if you know what I mean.

Wow I like that cutaway ! But its too late to regret now.

Here is a side view
1939605_10153911501700066_1730966898_n.jpg

I really like that new Soloist shape.

And this is a very nice instrument, great combination of woods & hardware color.

Looks great, now that you've presented it this way and finished I have no idea why I passed on it when it was offered  :icon_thumright:

I think I like the old carving better though but I guess this version is easier to make or laminate or whatever the reason was for the change.

Yes, that was one of the very first-released prototypes of the new Soloist. They started on the CNC program last fall, and it got final approval before Christmas. Now they can use the same laminate stock for carved-top Soloist as they use for the other models (previously, it required a thicker laminate). I put Cagey's together s/s with the last of the old style, which was also in the Showcase for a couple of days before it disappeared.

SoloistCarved%20oldVSnew.jpg

I really like the new one. The old style has a more pronounced "cut" around the insides of the horns, whereas the new is overall more subtle, and I think more elegant. It also has the binding. Warmoth does it again - another great job, making the world a prettier place and us more GAS.

Attachments

• SoloistCarved oldVSnew.jpg
    SoloistCarved oldVSnew.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 295
Prometheus said:
I put Cagey's together s/s with the last of the old style, which was also in the Showcase for a couple of days before it disappeared.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. Nobody's put a guitar together for me in the last 40 years. I put guitars together for other people.

That sounds good, we'll probably see more of them now and not mainly in solid colors. I'd need to see both in person but I think I still like the old style better. But the binding is surely a plus.

I just can't stop playing it ! Love the coil split sound !
The action is low but no buzz at all  :guitarist gif:

Back