New Wilde/Lawrence L200TN

Spud

Experienced Member
Replacing L2800TN, as I already have that same pickup another tele style. Just something new, supposedly more "strat like" will report back.IMG_5714.jpg

Ok 1/2 hr through Quilter Aviator Mach 3, Wampler 1176 comp, East river drive. Sounds great, and indeed very stratty. Early to say, but it is different than the L-280TN. The 280 is giving you everything low to high all at once no notches. The 200 has a dip and a peak and I think I like it better. If you are looking for a more strat style tele neck pickup that fits into a tele, you may dig it too. More soul, if you will. YMMV

Silly question, but how sensitive is the 280? Can you leave it so the top is just out of the pickguard, or to get it juicy, you need to bring it close to the strings? Or something in between? did you adjust the height differently than with the 200?

Silly question, but how sensitive is the 280? Can you leave it so the top is just out of the pickguard, or to get it juicy, you need to bring it close to the strings? Or something in between? did you adjust the height differently than with the 200?
You can have the 280 low and still get good results, it is a good pickup too. You don't have to jack it up for results. I adjusted them both with a nickle below the string on the high E when pressed down.

Just to clarify. Is that a nickel circa 2024, or a Buffalo nickel? Would a Mexican peso work as well??? How about an Iranian 10 Rials coin from 1974 commemorating Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi????? 😛
Vern, don't make me have to come over there!

Sweet!!! You leave me with so many unanswered questions. Will you be bringing an assortment of suitable coins when you come over??? I am glad we’ll be able to work this out one on one. It will be most enjoyable, and productive!!! 👍👍👍

Nice. I'm a fan of Wilde/Lawrence pups. In my 1st partscaster (avatar) I used their L48T (B) and L45 (N), since they don't make a rail Tele neck pup. Any idea how your new pickup compares to the L45?

Nice. I'm a fan of Wilde/Lawrence pups. In my 1st partscaster (avatar) I used their L48T (B) and L45 (N), since they don't make a rail Tele neck pup. Any idea how your new pickup compares to the L45?
I love the L48T btw. I have an L45S in a middle position strat style and previously had it in the neck of another S style. I would say the L45 is brighter and more linear hi-fi sounding nice, but not my favorite. The L200TN for me has much more personality (if you will) and a more traditional sweet strat sound (no hum). I bet you would prefer it in the tele neck position. Obviously YMMV.

Further, I believe I currently have 8 different Wilde/Lawrence pickups installed in various geetars and for me the L45 is probably my least favorite. I really dig the L48T bridge and the L-90 6.0 and 8.0 the very best.
Obviously this is just my opinion. (Cocoa Montoya runs all L-45's in his strat and sounds great). My preferences may be skewed a bit as I am incredibly handsome and rub each pickup on my face a bit before install. That could be a sort of an X factor if you will.

Actually, I read that trick on Bill's website about 25 years ago. Put 1 nickel on the high e side, and a two nickel stack on the low E side and adjust accordingly. Now adays I like the pickups a lower for the mechanics of picking.

Back