New video: Neck Screw Goes Through Fretboard!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
There is a continuity problem in this video. Anybody notice it?

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ABz6KW67-0E[/youtube]

Besides the camera angle changing at the end of the video, I didn't notice anything.  The classics are props, costumes and lighting. 

Actually, this is a great video to show which screws to use where.  Long ones towards the body, short ones toward the headstock. Thanks.

Michael Nielsen did a video of a Warmoth build where he did exactly this (by accident); it wound up pushing the fret up somehow.

On the picture with the screw popping up 1/2 inch above the board, the exposed screw is on the bass side.  Wouldn't it actually be on the treble side?

Bill, tgo

Lbpesq said:
On the picture with the screw popping up 1/2 inch above the board, the exposed screw is on the bass side.  Wouldn't it actually be on the treble side?

Bill, tgo

Haha....that's hilarious. For some reason that never even occurred to me....and I am the one who made that picture.

As far as the problem with the video (besides my ham-fisted use of the power drill) is that in the first close up shot the neck has a Strat-neck-shaped heel. On all the shots after that it is a Tele-neck-shaped heel....crammed into a Strat neck pocket.

We did the "experiment" twice, and the neck with the Tele-shaped heel looked worse so we used that one in at the end.

If you guys didn't notice, then no one probably will. LOL.

Ha, the old neck switcheroo trick  :toothy12:

I think you will get away with it or someone will make a YouTube channel of Warmoth videos and bloopers reactions...

Some creative inlays could make that fetching spalt top usable. Great Ape???

Warmoth does a good job warning customers on this I think, but I wonder how many times a year it happens anyway.

I've managed to avoid doing it once in all these years, but if I did think I'd be okay filling it well enough. Biggest mishap was spilling some leather dye on neck binding

Frankie Chestnuts said:
I was going to say your hair is shorter... :headbanging:

Indeed. I can deny it no longer: my hair is getting mighty thin on top.

I decided it was time to let go of the long hair before I started looking like Gallagher.

Back