New video: Aaron's top five gigging gadgets for guitar!

Top five, plus a bonus!

Oh, I got me the Lekato wireless too for wandering around the backyard playing love it. Uh, on an aside, we all know the real reason you seem to have so many empty Altoid boxes around............and hey, good for you! (not due to halitosis)

Last edited:
I also use the cheap magnets you get from Harbor Freight to mount my Altoids tin to my pedalboard or music stand, along with my can of Fast Fret.

I'm already there with the hercules, I'm now intrigued by the lekato ...

How about one on gig bag essentials, not so much gadgets, but stuff like finger nail files, extra strings, extra guitar cable, flash light, a capo, duct tape, little tool kit, pen and paper, band aid, digital headstock tuner ... basically stuff that'll fit in your grab and go back pack that has lots of pockets.

Whoa, I literally just bought two sets of those Lekato wireless systems when they were on sale for Prime Day. I think they're great.

I have noticed that they are about 3dB quieter than a regular cable, but that's only an issue if you're switching between the two which, why would you?!

I'm already there with the hercules, I'm now intrigued by the lekato ...

How about one on gig bag essentials, not so much gadgets, but stuff like finger nail files, extra strings, extra guitar cable, flash light, a capo, duct tape, little tool kit, pen and paper, band aid, digital headstock tuner ... basically stuff that'll fit in your grab and go back pack that has lots of pockets.
Your "gig bag essentials" idea struck a chord with me. It sent me on a scavenger hunt to find stuff like you mentioned that could go in a gig bag. There are no cables in my collection, because I would keep those in a big pocket; my kit is for a one of the small pockets. The only thing I can think of right now that I forgot is a pack or two of strings.

Notes: the wire cutter should have a rubber band around it to prevent cuts, and it could go in a pouch with the string winder.

Here my Essentials (thank for the tip):
Gig bag essentials.jpg

I ordered the wireless cord directly from lekato on ebay, direct from the factory in Guangdong. $58, shipping and tax included. That's amazing, can't wait to try it. Instead of nail clippers, I found emery boards to be a better option, plus they are lighter with no sharp edges.

Jam got canceled. But a quick note. Tested it last night at home and worked great. It changed the sound but in a good way. Instead of going thru a 20 foot coily cord which affected capacitance? It sounded like the cord was two feet long . Very happy.

Jam got canceled. But a quick note. Tested it last night at home and worked great. It changed the sound but in a good way. Instead of going thru a 20 foot coily cord which affected capacitance? It sounded like the cord was two feet long . Very happy.

I would never steer you wrong! :)

My experiment on how long the batteries got thwarted. I forgot to turn them off when I stopped for the night. After five days of playing at least .5 hours per day, they were still going strong on one charge. The sound quality on the Lekato is impeccable, amazing that they can do it for less than $60.

My experiment on how long the batteries got thwarted. I forgot to turn them off when I stopped for the night. After five days of playing at least .5 hours per day, they were still going strong on one charge. The sound quality on the Lekato is impeccable, amazing that they can do it for less than $60.
I agree. I bought one last week (and some Altoids) as well.

Back