New video: 22 vs 24 Neck Position Shootout

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Check it out:

[youtube]https://youtu.be/wcqFB6KLYrk[/youtube]

Good video, I liked the 24 fret position more than I was expecting to.

It would have been nice to also do some tone comparisons with both pickups on - the 24 fret position can also make a significant difference to this as the two pickups are closer together, and it can arguably end up sounding closer to bridge + middle than bridge + neck.

The correct conclusion is that Eric Clapton (Cream Era) and Warren Haynes are correct.

I haven't heard that song in YEARS!
Hey Alexa... play the Escape album by Journey!
Great video Aaron. I was literally just kicking around the idea of another body and neck order, and was contemplating getting a 24 fret neck. Think I'll stick with a 22 fret neck.

Nicely done!  Yup, one can hear the difference in the positioning. Are there neck pups designed for a 24 fret placement?

Jeremiah said:
Good video, I liked the 24 fret position more than I was expecting to.

It would have been nice to also do some tone comparisons with both pickups on - the 24 fret position can also make a significant difference to this as the two pickups are closer together, and it can arguably end up sounding closer to bridge + middle than bridge + neck.

Doh......that's a great idea! Where were you last week? :)

Or, if one didn't have the specially routed body, the neck pickup could just be turned so the adjustable coils were closer to the bridge. 

Back