New Strat Neck

Twanking45

My 1989/90 Fender Strat was in a bad way so I decided to change everything I didn't like or had abused to the point of uselessness. The only thing I wound up keeping was the body. For the neck I went to warmoth and bought a reverse right hand neck with these specs:

Type: ...............................CBS Warmoth Pro
nut: ..................................1 5/8
fingerboard: ....................Q-Sawn
Shaft: ..............................Q-Sawn
rear contour: ...................standard thin
Radius: ...........................10-16
frets:.................................Stainless Steel 6230(small vintage)
Tuners:............................Tonepros Kluson locking vintage style

I took out my old pick guard, bought a new one and threw in a set of Kinman Woodstock Plus (best single coils EVER). In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently would have been to go for the Wizard neck contour as I play lots of farmers' chords and like most of my hand on the board. I chose the reverse right hand style because I just think it looks quirky and weird. I think fender headstocks tend to look droopy. Anyway, here it it.

That's what customizing is all about.  Replace with quality parts that work for you.

Very nice, love the quartersawn maple, not a fan of the ginormous Fender headstock, but I like the rev..... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
Very nice, love the quartersawn maple, not a fan of the ginormous Fender headstock, but I like the rev..... :icon_thumright:

+1 on the reverse headstock  :icon_thumright:
I feel my next strat must have a reverse...

Yeah, there's just something about it that i like. It's slightly un-fender. An acquired taste, no doubt.

That is a cool guitar there. I just finished a new build with a set of Kinman Woodstock Plus in it. It took me a few days to figure them out. They aren't really stratty, but they sound absolutely fantastic.

Kublai said:
That is a cool guitar there. I just finished a new build with a set of Kinman Woodstock Plus in it. It took me a few days to figure them out. They aren't really stratty, but they sound absolutely fantastic.

If you have the Kinman harness, there will be a switch under the pick guard -- near the selector switch -- which will say HD or .022. Switching from HD to .022 will give you more of the treble-sparkle you are used to in a strat.

I didn't get the harness, but after playing them for a few days, I wouldn't change a thing.

Love everything except the quartersawn-ness... Ehh... Love the guitar in general though.  :party07:

Back