New Rig

This past weekend my elderly parents decided that wanted to check this new-fangled device of mine.  They know nothing about guitars, effects, tone, amps, etc., etc...  They're like 99% of the population who ask, "Why do you have X number of guitars?  Why don't you just have one?"  They didn't really understand it.  My mom liked the straight bypass setting the best (just the guitar through the axe fx 3 ), because she thought it sounded closest to an acoustic guitar.  My dad ended up thinking it had a specific setting for any song he could come up with (specifically Jessica by The Allman Brothers).  I told him I could build a rig to sound similar to a song but I'm not sure if he understood.  As far as my Hendrix live at Woodstock setting, my mom said, "It sounds really fizzy."  I was thinking to myself, "Yeah. Have you heard Hendix at Woodstock?" 

Wizard of Wailing said:
    This past weekend my elderly parents decided that wanted to check this new-fangled device of mine.  They know nothing about guitars, effects, tone, amps, etc., etc...  They're like 99% of the population who ask, "Why do you have X number of guitars?  Why don't you just have one?"  They didn't really understand it.  My mom liked the straight bypass setting the best (just the guitar through the axe fx 3 ), because she thought it sounded closest to an acoustic guitar.  My dad ended up thinking it had a specific setting for any song he could come up with (specifically Jessica by The Allman Brothers).  I told him I could build a rig to sound similar to a song but I'm not sure if he understood.  As far as my Hendrix live at Woodstock setting, my mom said, "It sounds really fizzy."  I was thinking to myself, "Yeah. Have you heard Hendix at Woodstock?"
Sounds like the way our kids talk about us.....  :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

Back