New member, and an introduction!

War_in_D

Hey Ya'll.. that's what we say down here in the south!  New member here, but have been using Warmoth parts off and on for about the last 20 years.  I'm not really big into the whole "online forum" thing anymore (too much drama for my tastes), so I do a lot more looking and reading that I do posting but wanted to say hello and thanks for allowing me to be part of the gang!

A little about me.. I'm 49 but been playing since I was about 16, although I definitely wouldn't call myself a player.  Mainly just a bedroom noodler, with the occasional foray into the garage band arena.  I credit Randy Rhoads with the reason I play guitar, but my influences run anywhere from bluegrass to metal.  I kind of come from the EVH school of thought that if it sounds good, it is good and I can appreciate talent of all genres.  I'll try to post up a few pics of some of my builds eventually, and I've got a body on order right now to go with a nice neck I picked up out of the showcase a couple of weeks ago.  Looking forward to getting that project started.

Anyway, thanks again for the opportunity to be part of the group. Been lurking a while, and ya'll (there it is again) seem to be a pretty laid back bunch here so I thought I'd take the plunge.  :headbang: 

Thanks again!  And.. can anyone tell me if I have to do the Capcha and questions for EVERY post I make, or will that go away eventually.. lol

I think that goes away in very short order, like 5 or 10 posts.

But... maybe we're just picking on you.  :icon_biggrin:

Welcome, Bro! This is definitely the best behaved forum I've seen around. No drama, just good people. good advise, and the occasional good natured joke.  :icon_thumright:

Welcome, fellow redneck!  I’ve transplanted myself from Louisiana to CA. Which state in God’s country are you in?  Looking forward to your posts.

I believe it took me 50 posts before the captcha thing disappeared. So it’ll take you another couple of hours  :icon_biggrin:

fdesalvo said:
Welcome, fellow redneck!  I’ve transplanted myself from Louisiana to CA. Which state in God’s country are you in?  Looking forward to your posts.

I'm up in the NW corner of Arkansas, just south of Branson, Missouri.

Welcome aboard. Like you, I'm a middle aged dude who rarely plays outside my mancave, but it's great to share in the fun of music-making and musical-instrument-making with this gaggle of miscreants.  We're glad to have you.

Welcome! I'm more of a Geaux Tiger myself, but I won't hold that against you. LOL  Been a transplant to SoCal for a long time now but still like to get back to the South when I can.

Looking forward to seeing some of your builds. We have a little saying around here: "No pics? Didn't happen!" and details on your parts/process are always welcome.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Welcome! I'm more of a Geaux Tiger myself, but I won't hold that against you. LOL  Been a transplant to SoCal for a long time now but still like to get back to the South when I can.

Looking forward to seeing some of your builds. We have a little saying around here: "No pics? Didn't happen!" and details on your parts/process are always welcome.

I'll be sure to post up some pics.. I'm going to try my hand at doing a stain finish this next time (I think anyway, may chicken out).  All of my other builds have been Tung Oil, so this will be new territory for me.  I'm going to do a lot of practicing with the dye first.

Back