New L5S

helios

Hello,
Here are a couple of photos of a L5S I ordered recently. Some of the specs are:

L5S Mahogany Body With Walnut Top
Hollow Body No F-Holes
Ebony Fretboard With Pearloid Block Inlays (Abalone looks nicer but whiter pearliod is easier to see at a glance)
Variax Conversion Neck 24.75 Scale
Compound Radius Fretboard
Seymour Duncan Seth Lover Pickups -Bridge pickup reversed so poles are closer to neck (Intent was for mellower jazz tones all around)
Gibson 59' LP Chunky Neck
Ebony Control Knobs  (had these laying around)
Control Cavities Lined with Copper Roof Sheathing Like Heavy Copper Foil
Gold Color Fret wire (.090" X .055")
Sounds and plays pretty good!

Thanks!--I'm very pleased with it. I was going to put in Lindy Fralin Un-buckers, but the SD 59'S sound just fine to me (had them laying around).

VERY nice!!  The bridge pickup is upside down, though  :icon_scratch:

Edit: Oh, I see you wanted it that way.  Cool :)

"What'd it set you back?"
Let me just say that if you get fancy with one of these, you'll be into four figures (and I even had the hardware!). It's only woth it if you know exactly what you want, order it accordingly, and plan on keeping it!!  I already understood this so I'm happy. The workmanship is first rate.

That is really nice! great walnut top!
an f-hole would have made it even nicer ;)

is there an actual binding, or is it a black pin stripe? either way, looks great!

helios said:
"What'd it set you back?"
Let me just say that if you get fancy with one of these, you'll be into four figures (and I even had the hardware!). It's only woth it if you know exactly what you want, order it accordingly, and plan on keeping it!!  I already understood this so I'm happy. The workmanship is first rate.
Would you of given me a straight answer if i asked How Much Did You Pay For It?

if so: How Much Did You Pay For It?

Other wise, I completely understand your meaning.

You can pretty much figure that out from the website, right?
If there isn't a special top or extremely exotic woods, I guess most warmoths cost anywhere between 800 - 1400, depending on the finish and pickups.

Marko said:
You can pretty much figure that out from the website, right?
If there isn't a special top or extremely exotic woods, I guess most warmoths cost anywhere between 800 - 1400, depending on the finish and pickups.

Hard to tell, as there isn't a comparable Walnut laminate top available right now; probably closer to $1750-1800; given the best available top now, around $1500

that is a beauty :)

btw - Seth Lovers and '59 are two different kinds... just sayin' ;)

"Would you of given me a straight answer if i asked How Much Did You Pay For It?"

Hello,
Found my invoice !! 
Total  cost was $ 1,224.84 (This includes WA State Tax). I already had the hardware and pickups, so this would have to be added into the cost if someone were to walk this path. I also did my own wiring &  set-up.
No, it wasn't cheap (but it is nice!).

"btw - Seth Lovers and '59 are two different kinds... just sayin' "

Thanks for the clarification (Seth Lover signature is on the bottom of each pickup).
Can't get sloppy with my answers on this forum!!!

This reminds me of when I took one of my Warmoths to a local guitar shop to show it off to a friend of mine who teaches there.  Needless to say it got some heads a-turning and before too long all the sales guys and the repair guy were all gathered around checking it out...well all of them wanted to know how much I had invested in it.  Figuring it out in my head I told them my rough guess was around $1200.  Disbelief all around.  When I got home I rechecked, and was pretty close, it might have been slightly closer to $1300, but the point was the Fender Custom Shop models on their wall were a good bit more to say the least. 

Back