New Cabronita Build 2017

colaiza65

I usually build one every year. So this year, 2017, I've chosen an ash Cabronita with TV Jones Powertron + and a Powertron.

Attachments

• 2017-04-11 20.43.34.jpg
    2017-04-11 20.43.34.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 322
  • 2017-04-11 20.46.08.jpg
    2017-04-11 20.46.08.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 352
A new guitar every year, or a new Cabronita? 

I'm liking the reverse headstock - any ideas on a finish yet?

Beautiful, love the rev headstock...This needs a finish like this...
16487837_10154573083866387_5356888457381050800_o.jpg

not necessarily the green, but i love this type of finish. I have 2 Jacksons with this type of finish... :toothy11:

Tonar8353 said:
Great grain on that piece of Swamp Ash. I look forward to progress pictures.
Any recommendations on bridges? I've just spent a lot of time researching. I have a pwrtn+ & a pwrtn.

Logrinn said:
These Hipshot's are very popular:

125_cover.jpg

They are great looking.
I'd love to find a picture from the rear showing the intonation screws.
So far no luck.

I wish Wilkinson made a hardtail version of their VS-100.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.  I went on a crazy burst of guitar building in the last year.  If I reduce to one a year, I think I'll start finishing them myself.

You know, looking at your pics, I had the weirdest thought.  I'm so used to seeing a bass in that box, which fills the box from stem to stern and side to side.  So, I'm looking, and asking myself, "why would there be all that room in the box?"  I didn't think W would be using the same box for guitar bodies, which are obviously a bit smaller.  Isn't that a weird thought?

Steve_Karl said:
ghotiphry said:
Looking forward to seeing what you do with this.  I went on a crazy burst of guitar building in the last year.  If I reduce to one a year, I think I'll start finishing them myself.

You know, looking at your pics, I had the weirdest thought.  I'm so used to seeing a bass in that box, which fills the box from stem to stern and side to side.  So, I'm looking, and asking myself, "why would there be all that room in the box?"  I didn't think W would be using the same box for guitar bodies, which are obviously a bit smaller.  Isn't that a weird thought?

Yea. Box size. I guess it was just a natural thing for you to wonder because you're used to bass bodies.
At this point I'm not sure what my next build is going to be but since I only have 1 hardtail I've been thinking the next should be a hardtail.
It came filled with popcorn that I through away. That's why it appears empty.

colaiza65 said:
Yeah I saw that one but I already pulled trigger on fender flatmount.  :icon_scratch:

You did the right thing in my opinion.
Adjusting intonations will be absolutely spot on as oppose to always being a compromise.

Back