New body and neck day ( a few days old now)

Waraxe

I finally got my parts after 11 weeks of torture. Pics to come, I oromise

The neck is a boatneck with a 1.65 width nut, a first for me.
Specs: gibson scaled 3a flamed maple modern construction with 3a flamed fretboard and warmoth headstock.
Ss6115 frets, black mop dots, tele heel, 14" straight radius and a precut tusg nut, and clear gloss finish.

After owning both a fatback and a 59, I can say that this is a nice in between profile. Perhaps due to the 1.65 nut width, it has a pretty nice v shape down low, but goes to a close to C chape up high. I already love it. It is gorgeous! Oh, and no truss rod cover. Too big and ugly.

The body is a chambered mahogany vip with white binding, HH body mount pickups, strat like controls (minus the middle tone knob), and a gotoh wrap around bridge. I added a battery box too, for all contingencies.

True to form, I waited about 3.5 minutes to start the build. I went with all gotoh cosmo black hardware on this one for aesthetic continuity. I also used the notched nail head and razor blade technique to scrape the finish off of the frets. Took 5 minutes. The frets are pretty good, level wise.

The tuners are installed, the nut was lowered, truss rod close, and bridge installed but not intonated yet. Perfect to see if the pickups I want to use will fit and more importantly, how it sounds.

It is light, no doubt from the chambering, and sounds in the ball park of a prs with a maple neck and mahogany body. Sustain is great. It has great clarity and separation too. This is my favorite combo

Pretty much exactly what I wanted and expected.

Now I gotta wait 3 weeks or so to send it out for finishing, and about a month more for it to return. The color will be a surprise so do not ask. Lol

The few guestions:
Chrome or black metal warmoth logo? Or have my wife find something to match the cosmo black?

Paint the headstock to match the body or no? The headstock has flame and Birdseye on it and looks cool

Pics to come when I get home. Promise!!

Wow! I have never heard of that particular shade before, but it sounds awesome! Must be a Steve Howe kinda thing ;)

No logo or have your wife find something. Very important to include her in the process. Nothing on the headstock is a slick look. Yes, headstock to match body, or at least the top of the body. Or go clear if the headstock figuring is exceptional.

No logo or have your wife find something. Very important to include her in the process. Nothing on the headstock is a slick look. Yes, headstock to match body, or at least the top of the body. Or go clear if the headstock figuring is exceptional.
I was thinking reflective black vinyl sticker material. It'll match the black MOP inlays (which are fricken sweet btw) nicely, as well as the cosmo black hardware. She can scan the warmoth sticker and cut whatever I need on her cricut.
Maybe on the back of the headstock? Either way, I want to show everyone where it came from. Warmoth! Lol

Matching headstock is so tough for me. Most are clear finished or black. I think I am buying into the slick look of clear. No truss rod cover either (like ibby j customs).

And small but interesting tidbit I discovered: screw down the stud locks on the gotoh wraptail!

There was this weird resonance going on and some notes seem to be lower in volume than others. I heard a rattle that turned out to be the locking grub screws.

Locked down, this puppy is a beast! We're talking a night and day difference. I think I may have "stumbled" upon my perfect guitar.

Last edited:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/MZLTsPj

My images were too big to use the internal attachments

They don't appear to be too big, but the thing to do is to use the insert image icon, click the link tab and paste the URL of the image like this.

20220831-153552.jpg

Or the same image that I downloaded and then used the insert image icon and uploaded it.

View attachment 58401
Ok, that's different. I didn't try that way.

I was trying to use the attach files button on the bottom left, like every other forum which uses this forum software. Out of 8 or 10 pics, it allowed 2, the rest were deemed to big to upload that way.

I was going directly from my phone too. I didn't compare the photo sizes between the originals and the postimage ones though.

Here's what happens direct from my phone using the "attach files" button.

But then, this is a screen shot, and not a picture from a 2million megapixel camera.

Screenshot_20220901-065403_Samsung Internet.jpg

And here is a screenshot of one of the pics from postimg above.

Screenshot_20220901-065713_Gallery.jpg

At least there is a workaround so I don't have to upload to the web and link from there. I can do it all directly from my device.

There has to be a file limit on files uploaded with the attach files button.

Or perhaps there is a bug?

At least there is a workaround so I don't have to upload to the web and link from there. I can do it all directly from my device.

There has to be a file limit on files uploaded with the attach files button.

Or perhaps there is a bug?

There is no need to use attach files for this purpose when there is a specific button to insert images which is its intended use. It is not a bug or workaround, and sites that use XenForo or similar software work in the same way.

Attach files would be for more limited use such as attaching a pdf for example.

There is no need to use attach files for this purpose when there is a specific button to insert images which is its intended use. It is not a bug or workaround, and sites that use XenForo or similar software work in the same way.

Attach files would be for more limited use such as attaching a pdf for example.
Can you use the attach files without a url, such as direct from a device?

At The gear page (I know), I use the attach files button and have no issues.

Can you use the attach files without a url, such as direct from a device?

At The gear page (I know), I use the attach files button and have no issues.

Yes, as I mentioned above.

https://unofficialwarmoth.com/threads/new-body-and-neck-day-a-few-days-old-now.34425/#post-474724

Insert Image has two tabs...upload image and the chain to the right is for URLs. And these screenshots I just pasted in from my clipboard.

For me TGP works the same with the same options. I cannot comment on how either work from a phone.

1662056617322.png

1662056766147.png

Last edited:
Yes, as I mentioned above.

https://unofficialwarmoth.com/threads/new-body-and-neck-day-a-few-days-old-now.34425/#post-474724

Insert Image has two tabs...upload image and the chain to the right is for URLs. And these screenshots I just pasted in from my clipboard.

For me TGP works the same with the same options. I cannot comment on how either work from a phone.

View attachment 58409

View attachment 58410
I learned something new today! Lol

But..........same issue. Image too big. See below:Screenshot_20220901-195930_Samsung Internet.jpg
File is 6.22MB. I used the picture link too, like you showed too.

Of the 8 or 10 pics I uploaded to postimg, most are between 5 and 6.5Mb, while 2 were in the high 4s. I think those were the ones that did upload.

Sorry to be a pain, but this is frustrating.

I don't even see a lower quality setting on my phone.

Transfer pics to your lap top. Use paint to reduce. Cell phone technology isn't up to it. At least mine isn't. Besides the phone screens are puny.

@Waraxe most sites will have a maximum image size set for obvious reasons and if one or two of your images exceed that this will stop a multiple upload.

Some phones come with image resizing in the gallery, such as on a Samsung, others have apps available to do so or online resizing services. I would suggest a Google search for your own phone of what your options there are, or post via a laptop instead with more options available.

I figured it out! Google/youtube helped. Z

Image edit on Samsung gallery. Hit the 3 dots menu thing.

Resize to 20, 40, 60, or 80%!

Thanks guys.

Back