Need help with custom wiring

gytisj

Does anyone know where I can find a diagram for a 2 passive hum/2 vol/5-way blade (coil split) config? Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio don't seem to have this kind of diagram as far as I can tell.

I'm basically looking for a diagram like the one in the image, but with two volume controls

Attachments

• 2H_5WSPL_1V.jpg
    2H_5WSPL_1V.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 106
Try the freeway website, might find some thing to get you close, and you can send them an email to ask if they have any modifications to their posted plans.  They won’t draw a new one for you but if they have something on the shelf they will share.  Personally I find getting out of phase sounds more useful than splitting. Ymmv. Also having a tone control is useful.

It is not that clear from your post what you would want the five positions to give you in terms of pickup selection.

Also stew mac has diagrams.  Maybe not exactly what you want but worth a look.

In additional to Stew Mac and Dimarzio

Great info on Guitar Electronics as well....

guitar-wiring-resources

And Lindy Fralin has some great articles related to wiring....
blog

Edited add:  Just saw you're hunting for info on using 2 vol pots with a 5 way switch.

If you're using 2 volume pots, route the hot signal from the pickup to the volume pot first (outer tab) and then from the vol pot (center tab) to the switch.
If you're using 1 tone pot, feed the tone pot and the hot wire to the output jack from the "common" of the switch.
If using 2 tone pots, feed the tone pots from the corresponding vol pot, and just use the common to feed the output jack.  Hope that makes sense.

Back