Necks and Bodies + **Pickups**

redking said:
Canary / Kingwood neck sold.
thanks,

Just so you know, it arrived unscathed yesterday and it's a fine thing. I'm very happy with it, and it'll have a good life here. I've already levelled/crowned/dressed/polished the frets, so it's better than new.

I'm a little surprised at the weight. I expected it to be heavier than it is. Also, I thought the grain would be as tight as pau ferro, but it's not. It's more like cherry. That's not a problem at all, just an observation. I also like what you get with kingwood. It does seem to be as tight and hard as ebony, without the weight but with all the character kingwood has. it's a nice combo, if someone would like the performance of ebony over maple without the need for a finish, but with a somewhat lighter weight and a unique appearance.

Both the bridge and the pickups are still available, along with the pickguards, the ash strat body and the Clapton neck.

thanks,

R

Cagey said:
redking said:
Canary / Kingwood neck sold.
thanks,

Just so you know, it arrived unscathed yesterday and it's a fine thing. I'm very happy with it, and it'll have a good life here. I've already levelled/crowned/dressed/polished the frets, so it's better than new.

I'm a little surprised at the weight. I expected it to be heavier than it is. Also, I thought the grain would be as tight as pau ferro, but it's not. It's more like cherry. That's not a problem at all, just an observation. I also like what you get with kingwood. It does seem to be as tight and hard as ebony, without the weight but with all the character kingwood has. it's a nice combo, if someone would like the performance of ebony over maple without the need for a finish, but with a somewhat lighter weight and a unique appearance.

Glad you like it.  I enjoyed playing it and I think you will too!

sorry i misread. it looks like the hipshot is a hardtail. I am looking for a trem bridge.

On the swamp ash strat, I will include the Wilkinson VSVG tremolo bridge for the $150.  thanks!

Back