Neck Thickness...

T.L.

You guys are probably getting sick of all these questions, but here's another;  Does anyone know the thickness of the Standard Thin C-shape (Strat headstock) Warmoth Pro neck? I've never played on one, and I really want a neck that's not too thick or too thin. I have medium-size hands, so I like amedium-thickness neck. I hate the Ibanez Wizard (too thin) and I can't stand thick-ass baseball bat necks either (can't reach around 'em).

My Strat and Ibanez (not a Wizard neck) have a 19mm-21mm thickness (.750"-.830") , which is about perfect for me.  My ESP has a 20mm-22mm thickness (.790"-.870"),  which is a little too thick for my liking...especially with the tall frets. It's also a "U"-shape, not a 'C'.

What should I expect from the Warmoth neck?...

You could answer most of your own questions if you spent more time going through all the information available on the Warmoth site. Specific dimensions for all neck contours available under Guitar Necks -> Back Contours

T.L. said:
You guys are probably getting sick of all these questions, but here's another;  Does anyone know the thickness of the Standard Thin C-shape (Strat headstock) Warmoth Pro neck? I've never played on one, and I really want a neck that's not too thick or too thin. I have medium-size hands, so I like amedium-thickness neck. I hate the Ibanez Wizard (too thin) and I can't stand thick-ass baseball bat necks either (can't reach around 'em).

My Strat and Ibanez (not a Wizard neck) have a 19mm-21mm thickness (.750"-.830") , which is about perfect for me.  My ESP has a 20mm-22mm thickness (.790"-.870"),  which is a little too thick for my liking...especially with the tall frets. It's also a "U"-shape, not a 'C'.

What should I expect from the Warmoth neck?...

You seem to know a lot about the dimensions you want but when I was trying to choose I spent a long time in GC with a set of calipers to get a feel for all the various sizes.

For what its worth.

jackthehack said:
You could answer most of your own questions if you spent more time going through all the information available on the Warmoth site. Specific dimensions for all neck contours available under Guitar Necks -> Back Contours

I HAVE spent a LOT of time going through the information on their site. There is a lot to take in, and I have not always been able to find what I'm looking for. I thought I'd ask some of the experienced people here.  You don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to. Perhaps someone else will...

DangerousR6 said:
I believe Warmoth lists the neck thicknesses in the neck section... :dontknow:

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=back_profiles

Thanks, that is exactly the information I was looking for, and you've been a big help. I didn't catch the small print the first time. I'll just swallow my pride here by saying that this will be my first custom guitar build, and all of the research involved can get a bit overwhelming, which is why I ask questions here. I have customized numerous factory guitars, but never built one from scratch. I know I can do it though, and I just wanna get all the specs right the first time...

T.L. said:
I HAVE spent a LOT of time going through the information on their site. There is a lot to take in, and I have not always been able to find what I'm looking for. I thought I'd ask some of the experienced people here.  You don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to. Perhaps someone else will...

I don't think jack meant to offend. I think he was rather trying to point out a fact that I have slowly realized - The Warmoth site in combination contains almost every bit of information you would ever want to know about Warmoth Guitar Parts.

Oh, I wasn't offended, I just don't want to piss people off by asking questions. A lot of you guys here have "been there-done that", so it's easy to just ask here...

GoDrex said:
so... based on your measurements, Warmoth has nothing good for you?

It's hard to know for sure, without ever having played on one. It just seems strange that all my guitars have thinner necks, except for the ESP, and I'm not talking "Wizard" thin (Can't stand those). They are 3/4" thick @ the 1st fret. They taper from 19mm to 21mm.

I'll get it figured out before I place my order...

Back