neck problem?

jbis

A few months ago I bought a modern vintage one piece macassar ebony neck. I took it off the guitar to perform a fret level and noticed that I cannot get the neck straight, even with the truss rod tightened all the way. I would like to play the neck straight after the fret are leveled but wont be able to. Has anyone ever had this issue with a Warmoth neck? Is there a way to remedy this?

jbis said:
A few months ago I bought a modern vintage one piece macassar ebony neck. I took it off the guitar to perform a fret level and noticed that I cannot get the neck straight, even with the truss rod tightened all the way. I would like to play the neck straight after the fret are leveled but wont be able to. Has anyone ever had this issue with a Warmoth neck? Is there a way to remedy this?
You should call Rob Rounds, Sales Manager at Warmoth to discuss. Thanks.

Thanks Gregg, I talked to Rob, We are going to try a few things. I'll let you know how it works out.

jbis said:
Thanks Gregg, I talked to Rob, We are going to try a few things. I'll let you know how it works out.
I remember your neck. There were two of them made. They are the only 1-piece Macassar Ebony necks I have ever seen and were amazing.

I was so psyched to see an all macassar modern vintage, I jumped all over it. When I received it, I was completely blown away and went back to grab the other one and it was already gone...  :(  snooze ya loose, I guess...

thought you might want to see some pics...

warmothstratb.jpg

warmothstratf.jpg

Good God that's a sweet looking neck.  Hope you get your problem resolved, because, damn what a shame it would be to have to return that thing!

I figured it would look that good mounted. Congrats!

There were a few people requesting that we make some 1-piece exotic wood necks for the Showcase. So we dug through and found some wood thick enough and did it. As Ken suspected, they didn't move very fast and in fact there are some still left. There were some 1-piece Bubinga necks that were made that feel incredible. They look a lot better than they do in the picture. The last ones to come out were those two Macassars and it was all I could do to not buy one myself. I do have a 1-Piece Wenge Vintage Modern neck that I just did a fret level and fret dress on. Now I'm hunting for just the right body for it.

I touch every neck and body that gets listed for the Showcase. I should start a thread that announces the off the charts, incredible pieces when they come through so high rollers that want to know get a heads up. Like today, I listed a Solid, Rear Rout, Swamp Ash, 2-piece Strat body with "You choose" pickups and trem that weights only 2.4 lbs. It chirps when you knock on it. It ought to show up tomorrow in the Showcase. Oh, and then there is this INSANE Flame Koa Warmoth peghead neck today with Ivoroid binding and a gloss finish. That one is waiting for some Showcase Koa bodies to catch up with it but you wouldn't believe how nice this neck looks in person. Just floored me.

Gregg said:
I should start a thread that announces the off the charts, incredible pieces when they come through

OH YEAH!
I think they should make it part of your job description!!
"Gregg's daily picks"

Marko said:
Gregg said:
I should start a thread that announces the off the charts, incredible pieces when they come through

OH YEAH!
"Gregg's daily picks"

Gregg could easily make an RSS feed out of that.

Oh, wait a sec, actually, about those RSS feeds... You DO realise that most of us are getting severe withdrawal symptoms?

Gregg said:
Oh, and then there is this INSANE Flame Koa Warmoth peghead neck today with Ivoroid binding and a gloss finish. That one is waiting for some Showcase Koa bodies to catch up with it but you wouldn't believe how nice this neck looks in person. Just floored me.

Pics, you teaser :sad:

And YES, you should take picture of everyone and all off the chart body and neck that pops out of the CNC/finish guys... :evil4:

BTW: awesome neck, jbis

ByteFrenzy said:
Marko said:
Gregg said:

OH YEAH!
"Gregg's daily picks"

Oh, wait a sec, actually, about those RSS feeds... You DO realise that most of us are getting severe withdrawal symptoms?
+100!  My evening cup of coffee just isn't the same without the RSS feeds.

Blue313 said:
ByteFrenzy said:
Marko said:
Gregg said:

OH YEAH!
"Gregg's daily picks"

+100!  My evening cup of coffee just isn't the same without the RSS feeds.
It's moving its way up the task list.  :icon_thumright:

well... Rob had me try a bunch of things but in the end, we couldn't get the neck straight and I had to send it back so they can work their magic.

Back