Neck Plate for Gecko

Micahbell

I am wondering if there is any company that makes neck plates that would have one to fit a Gecko wide 5 string.
I really want to be able to put custom neck plates on all my Warmoth guitar/basses with serial numbers on them.

Surely our very own Dangerous Doug is the man to ask.....

How 'bout it Dangerous?

jimh said:
Surely our very own Dangerous Doug is the man to ask.....

How 'bout it Dangerous?
Micah and I have spoken about this, as far as I can tell the Gecko's don't use neck plates. But if I had a full size tracing of the back of the neck plate area I could most likley make one..

If anybody gots one to trace would be helpful, or Micah, you could trace yours when you get it......

There is no existing Gecko neck plate:
The neck bolts are laid out in an asymmetrical pattern for maximum stability and sustain, they are secured in the body with custom recessed steel washers.
Given that Warmoth doesn't sell special-length neck screws for the Gecko, if you have a custom plate fabricated at a metal shop, you'll need to calculate on longer screws too. Neck plates are cut out of sheet steel, then plated, so you have to find somebody who can do that kind of work.

Ohhhhh you could make one? I didn't know that!
Damn. What do you mean by tracing?
Just tell me what to do, and as soon as I get all my stuff (in a while) I will do it, and I will love you even more then I already do.

stubhead said:
That's what I meant... :laughing7:
I will do it, and I will love you even more then I already do.
I'm not sure Iike where this is heading.... :eek:
Oh, ok....didn't catch your drift.... :dontknow:

And he  is a little bit on the overenthusiastic side.....No harm done, and he says he has a girlfriend.. :confused4:

Micahbell said:
Damn. What do you mean by tracing?
Just tell me what to do, and as soon as I get all my stuff (in a while) I will do it, and I will love you even more then I already do.
Yes Micah I could make a plate to fit it. I would need an actual pattern to work from. Mostly bolt hole dimensions and such..

And I appreciate the affection, but give it to your girlfriend for me.... :icon_thumright:

Normal neck screws are 1.75" long. There are some commonly available, hardware store stainless steel screws of the right dimension at 2" and 2.5". You might find that the 2" ones luck in there, but if you have to shorten some it's not a big deal. Buy five, and shorten four. You'd have to point up the tips of the shortened ones to at least 45 degrees, and use the unshortened one to start the holes for all of them - it's painfully easy to crossthread woodscrews with "creative" tips on them. You could maybe ask Warmoth if they can route an inlay depth for the plate on the back once you find out how thick it's going to be, cause it's not gonna look as slick as the normal Gecko arrangement unless you bevel the edges or inlay it.

Back