neck pickup for jazz

Danuda

I am looking for recommendations for a neck pickup for jazz.  I am putting it in the walnut and maple hollow body I am building.  The bridge will be something hotter but I still want the two to work together.  Any suggestions?  Oh, quick note.  Humbuckers bridge and neck.

I'd look into one of the smaller firms where custom winds or modifying existing designs cost little or nothing extra. They tend to be very forthcoming and friendly. The more you know what you want the better.

I'm currently re-, um... re-everything my Schecter into something useful and I'll be spending money at the Creamery in England.

Benedetto B6 .  Although his A6 is also quite nice and is the PAF.  I use been using his old signature PAF for the last decade ( before Duncan)  and it is wonderful .  You tube has samples

Isn't there someone on this board who does custom pickups?  Or maybe someone affiliated with it?  I can't remember but I hear his name come up a lot.

Danuda said:
Isn't there someone on this board who does custom pickups?  Or maybe someone affiliated with it?  I can't remember but I hear his name come up a lot.

Ken of Roadhouse Pickups does. His username is TroubledTele or something like that last I checked.

Lindy Fralin will make they any way you want them ,  I have a set on my strat .. and they are sweet   

If it were a 24-3/4" scale mahogany body & neck, I'd suggest the Duncan SH-2 "Jazz" model, but since that's not what you're working with, I'd say Dimarzio Air Norton.

I have heard a few people who like the Dimarzio Air Norton.  I have never heard them myself.  Maybe I will try and look them up.

Bah, youtube is completely un-helpful.  Couldn't find anything that didn't have the gain cranked.

Back