Neck Nut Materials and Spacing?

Ramblify

Hi, I'm pretty new to Warmoth. I have a fair few fender guitars and I finally bought a Warmoth neck locally on Reverb. 1 piece quatersawn wenge Strat! With Covid-19 I really haven't been too sure about the turn around and just how life is outside my Western Australia bubble. I've had a bit of luck lately with a few different purchases from the US that have come in a matter of week or two.

Anyway, I'm just about ready to order a Tele neck and I have no idea about the nut materials - I usually use bone nuts. The one that is one the Wenge Strat that I bought is a:

1-11/16".  Nut Width.
With GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut.

So I just thought I would get the same one. ??

The wenge Strat has a standard thin profile with radius 10-16.
Im thinking of ordering the tele as a Standard thin profile, but with a 9.5-14' radius.

Any thoughts on these options??

Ramblify said:
1-11/16".  Nut Width.
With GraphTech Black TUSQ XL - Standard Nut.

For Nut width, the spec you have is very standard.  If you like it, then I don't see a reason to change. 
People may choose the smaller size 1.650 if they have small hands and small finger pads.  I think its a popular choice for younger players.
Black TUSQ XL standard Nut is what I always choose - It is good and slippery material. 

the Neck radius is a personal choice.  10-16" is very flat at the top end.  It is very good for low action setup, but I personally prefer the feel of straight radius.    I never tried a 9.5" to 14" compound radius.  9.5" - 14" should have a similar feeling to the 10-16", except for being a tiny bit more curved.

Back