Neck Nut Install Options...

Killswitch95

Hello, back again with another noob question:

I am optioning for a graphtech tusq XL option for the neck which is $32, last time I did a floyd shelf prep so I knew I had to buy the nut separately, but with something like a graptech or the earvanas are these installed in the neck for no extra fee aside from the $32 addon option, or do I need to select that options as well as add the nut itself to the order, another $11 and change...

Because I know with the bodies installing the stud mounts from order you have to addon the mounts to the order separately...
So buy the part as well as the option fee...

If you add a nut as an option in the custom builder for a neck or to a neck in the showcase that has the option cost available the nut itself and fitting is included in the option cost so nothing extra to buy.

Exceptions are LSR and Floyd nut preparation where the nut is not included or fitted.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-string-nuts

I'll add to this by saying that in my experience, the Graphtec installation includes fairly decent (conservative) nut slot heights.
Playable for sure but maybe not as low as some might want in the long run.

Steve_Karl said:
I'll add to this by saying that in my experience, the Graphtec installation includes fairly decent (conservative) nut slot heights.

In your experience what's the lowest action you've ever achieved with stock, unmodified Warmoth-installed nuts?

stratamania said:
If you add a nut as an option in the custom builder for a neck or to a neck in the showcase that has the option cost available the nut itself and fitting is included in the option cost so nothing extra to buy.

Exceptions are LSR and Floyd nut preparation where the nut is not included or fitted.

https://warmoth.com/guitar-neck-string-nuts

Thank you, yeah I noticed on that link where it says they CAN install them, but at least to me it wasn't clear if the required an additional buy, or if it's all included for those nuts that are LSR or Floyd in the option selection, so thank you, saved $11.60 on a nut I wont need.

Steve_Karl said:

That's good to know, I've read (Mostly from posts a few years old now) that Warmoth nut installs can be almost not worth the effort sometimes. What you're saying actually plays into what I was hoping for as I was planning to take the finished guitar to my local tech to polish off any fret issues, set intonation, and fine tune to nut to the string gauge and action height anyway...

i got the corian ervana nut on the first neck,  it was so perfect that i got tusq ervana on the 2nd neck,  havent done any fret leveling or nothing,  purfect,  i recomend the ervana nut

teleme01 said:
i got the corian ervana nut on the first neck,  it was so perfect that i got tusq ervana on the 2nd neck,  havent done any fret leveling or nothing,  purfect,  i recomend the ervana nut

That sounds enticing, but I'm going to be going for a semi-stock appearance, so locking tuners to a vega trem and I hear the graphtech nut allows for good string movement without it sticking...

I’ve got a neck with locking tuners, a graphtech nut, and the Vega trem as well. It is extremely stable. I love it! I’m sure you will too.

adrianb said:
Steve_Karl said:

In your experience what's the lowest action you've ever achieved with stock, unmodified Warmoth-installed nuts?

Sorry to say I don't measure ... I just go by how it feels to me.
But, I could get the strings lower than I'd ever want them with a stock nut,  but again, I like a high action for the sake of tone.

Back