Neck help

neoclassical3

Hello all, I have a question! I have a standard fender 25.5" neck that I'm in love with, and I recently purchased a jagmaster with a 24.5" scale neck. Obviously there is a significant size differential, and I was wondering if the 25.5" scale neck would fit in the neck pocket. I assumed that it would, and that the neck dimensions on the end would be the same regardless of the differential of scale length, but I just want to make sure.

Thank you so much for any help.

If you feel like plugging the holes for the bridge and re-drilling them 1" further back from the neck pocket it will work. But then, you'll have to plug the pickup cavities and re-rout them too, and oh, the controls, they might have to move too.

It can be done, but it would be a HUGE amount of work and would be a mess. You could get another body and tell them you want it routed to accept a 25 1/2" scale. No harm in that.

1) The neck will probably fit into the existing neck pocket.

2) The two different scales means that the 25.5" neck won't work on the Jagmaster body. The bridge is positioned for a 24.5" neck. At the very least you would have to move the bridge to the correct spot (about 1" back). As others have said, probably also have to reposition the pickups and everything else too.

3) Why not choose which one you want to keep (either the 25.5" neck or the Jagmaster body) and buy a Warmoth neck or body to suit?

Or, you could fill in 1" of the neck pocket and extend the shelf a bit!  :toothy10: :hello2: :blob7:

Back